Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 01:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dollar,Feb 2 2011, 04:51 PM
all convertibles are supposed to be topless while on track unless you have a hardtop.

I have a Carbonfiber Hardtop w/ race hardware, i didn't know if it was optional or not. you know for hotter days
Old 02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Kitt,Feb 2 2011, 04:40 PM
hmmm....................

So what your saying is that i need to make up my mind about having harnesses or OE belts for good before ordering due to the layouts.

ok then thats my bad. i thought since it was an option on the Hard Dog page that it would all go together. thats kinda cool in a way cuz now it look like the pricw will be a lil cheaper.

Side note: w/ having the roll bar will they let you run topless? just curious
Yea pretty much. You can use both OE seatbelts and harnesses if you get the higher harness bar, just keep in mind, that the harnesses won't be at the proper angle for maximum safety. Plenty of people use it that way, but its up to you how important safety is to you. Same goes with using harnesses with the stock seats. Some people do it, but its not optimal.

When I bought my hard dog, I got the lowered harness bar thinking that I would run stock seats and belts for at least a year or two then go to harnesses, but I probably had them in a month before I decided to go full 6 point harnesses and proper seats with lowered rails. My head was just too close to the bar for me to feel comfortable. I am 6ft tall FYI.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dollar,Feb 2 2011, 04:51 PM
all convertibles are supposed to be topless while on track unless you have a hardtop.
I enjoy going topless.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by S2Kitt,Feb 2 2011, 05:04 PM

I have a Carbonfiber Hardtop w/ race hardware, i didn't know if it was optional or not. you know for hotter days
In your case(with the hardtop), go with the hardtop at all times especially on hotter days. You will appreciate the shade from the hardtop while waiting on grid.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Budman05,Feb 2 2011, 05:20 PM
I enjoy going topless.
I bet you do.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by goldenfri,Feb 2 2011, 05:11 PM
Yea pretty much. You can use both OE seatbelts and harnesses if you get the higher harness bar, just keep in mind, that the harnesses won't be at the proper angle for maximum safety. Plenty of people use it that way, but its up to you how important safety is to you. Same goes with using harnesses with the stock seats. Some people do it, but its not optimal.

When I bought my hard dog, I got the lowered harness bar thinking that I would run stock seats and belts for at least a year or two then go to harnesses, but I probably had them in a month before I decided to go full 6 point harnesses and proper seats with lowered rails. My head was just too close to the bar for me to feel comfortable. I am 6ft tall FYI.
lol well being verticaly challenged at 5'9" on the tallest day of the year, may be w/ the leftover money I can put towards harnesses. btw whats the regulations on harnesses 4,5,6pts. whats required?

I need to do more reading lmao I know
Old 02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Kitt,Feb 2 2011, 05:46 PM
lol well being verticaly challenged at 5'9" on the tallest day of the year, may be w/ the leftover money I can put towards harnesses. btw whats the regulations on harnesses 4,5,6pts. whats required?

I need to do more reading lmao I know
Depends on where you are running, but I wouldn't go with anything less then a 5 point, because you risk submarining. I would recommend reading the Schroth harness install guide.

Install Guide

I have a 6 points and I personally think that is the way to go.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:58 PM

where are your points of attachment though an how did you secure them?

i see where its all about the angle of the belts
Old 02-02-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are trying to just get on track and do some Hpde or FATT. Put the roll bar in and go get out on track. You really dont need anything else. Would it be safer with more safety equipment yes. However its already rather safe. Performance driving experiences are not wheel to wheel racing its learning how to drive at a high rate of speed. Trust me spend your money on track time!!!! I did a whole season of track days with my S2k. The only modifications I made was the hard dog roll bar didnt even have the vertical bar or seatbelt tabs(I kept the stock roll hoops). I changed my brake pads and brake fluid and there you go your ready for a ton of fun. Just be careful you will be addicted and next thing you know you will be building a race car!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you guys think about this?

Dash Command for IPhone

OTHER FEATURES:

-Full support for OBD-II diagnostics
-Find out why your check-engine light is on
-Read and clear diagnostics trouble codes (DTCs)
-Supports over 220 OBD-II parameters
-Display sensor data directly from the factory computer in your vehicle
-Record and playback log files showing OBD-II data and also skidpad/race track -data simultaneously
-Vehicle manager helps you keep track of different vehicles and log files automatically

More info here - http://www.palmerperformance.com/products/...phone/index.php

I can't wait for Android version.

Or maybe jsut get the PCMSCAN for my laptop - http://www.palmerperformance.com/pro...scan/index.php

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread