Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, I've helped install a cusco bar before and wouldn't recommend relying on it. In comparison to the harddog bar it's not even close. The harddog bar is thicker tubing, all welded main hoop, and designed with strength in mind. The cusco bar has connection points all over the place (opportunities for failure) and the bends aren't ideal. If I was trusting my life to one or the other it would be harddog hands down.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by metros
BTW, I've helped install a cusco bar before and wouldn't recommend relying on it. In comparison to the harddog bar it's not even close. The harddog bar is thicker tubing, all welded main hoop, and designed with strength in mind. The cusco bar has connection points all over the place (opportunities for failure) and the bends aren't ideal. If I was trusting my life to one or the other it would be harddog hands down.
Agreed. I don't think the cusco is worthless, but when I was choosing, the harddog was a no-brainer.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

i agree... which is why i'm honestly not going on the track w/o upgrading from the cusco that was on my car when i bought it to a harddog.

Problem with everything tho... i just backed in to a damn pole (long story but i hate my apartment building and the people who drive way to fast in the garage)

and i'll need to get a new rear bumper, decent amount of metal work on the driver quarter and repaint of both quarters (and bumper).

yay for probably having to spend about 1500-2000 bucks on repairs now

Life is kickin me in the balls lately haha.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beepbeep
Please by rollbar first. Rollbar is like a parachute, you only need it once but if you needed it and you don't have it then you're probably not going to need it anymore.

Wise advice from Ron!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Who wants to buy a racing school on wheels?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Rac...item3368e5f1e3
Old 06-27-2011, 06:05 PM

Allison - I hear you on the house being a money pit. I feel like my paycheck should come by way of home depot gift card. Glad to hear you're not out of the game entirely.
I'm 9 years in on a 27 year old house. Certain things I've been dragging my feet on.. recently resided, new fencing - and need to redo some decking now. Still cheaper than renting, but overall it's work.. and takes cash in large chunks

kinda like buying roll bars and car parts
Old 06-28-2011, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfootgirl
Originally Posted by metros' timestamp='1309209096' post='20724753
Allison - I hear you on the house being a money pit. I feel like my paycheck should come by way of home depot gift card. Glad to hear you're not out of the game entirely.
I'm 9 years in on a 27 year old house. Certain things I've been dragging my feet on.. recently resided, new fencing - and need to redo some decking now. Still cheaper than renting, but overall it's work.. and takes cash in large chunks

kinda like buying roll bars and car parts
Im there with you too, Alison. I just dropped a nice track duty suspension package expenses in my newly concrete paved driveway. I can park 4 cars now with room to fully open all doors side by side. Next in line is privacy fence and gate so there goes a set of R comp tires and NASA/Trackdaze/FATT track weekends until end of the year.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman05
Originally Posted by Beepbeep' timestamp='1309201677' post='20724207
Please by rollbar first. Rollbar is like a parachute, you only need it once but if you needed it and you don't have it then you're probably not going to need it anymore.

Wise advice from Ron!

I might be old and slow but a bit wiser now, I think.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fixing houses?? Concrete driveways?? Privacy fences? I thought this was the Track JUNKIE Thread! That sounds too responsible...not what a junkie would do

But seriously, so nobody has any plans to get to the track between now and OCTOBER?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the Cusco roll bar but I wouldn't give pause to instructing in an S with one as long as the stock roll hoops were there for backup. I've seen several pictures of rolled S2000s--some with just roll hoops, some with Cusco roll bars and some with Elda/Hard Dog bars and all held up extremely well. The windshield support is much stronger than it looks. Honda built a tough little car and the added protection of the Cusco bar more than satisfies my safety requirements for regular track duty--and I'm 6 feet 2.

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread