Old 06-15-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e3opian
Old 06-15-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by e3opian
Originally Posted by clarkster009' timestamp='1308170091' post='20686254
[quote name='e3opian' timestamp='1308169776' post='20686232']
What a bargain, track junkies... http://www.groupon.com/deals/drivete...nova?c=dnb&p=6
Hmm that looks interesting...which one would you do?
Neither, sorry, I should have been more clear I was being sarcastic. There are better options to get on track.
[/quote]
ah...gotcha.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoah, what did I missed?

Anyways, mini trailer is all packed and almost ready to go.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by TopGear
Originally Posted by doug@PTUNING' timestamp='1308172906' post='20686420
Wish I could own a s2ki.

Doug@Ptuning
Me too. I bet this site makes a ton of money

Indeed..

Doug@Ptuning
Old 06-16-2011, 04:16 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by gfacter
Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1308169006' post='20686184
[quote name='Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1308168924' post='20686178']
[quote name='//steve\\' timestamp='1308168545' post='20686150']
While we are talking about track stuff. Anyone need a set of 14k springs? They are the ones picture on those clubsports above. I also go the standard rate springs so those are going back on for now.
TEMPTING.... but no... i need a new hood before i can get new springs (I've been having cooling problems.. wanted vented hood any way so that is what i'll be getting eventually but first a coolant flush will be my first step)... and even the hood is low on my priorities. any ways, i love my clubsports the way they are as of now
Unless you are having cooling problems while idling, a vented hood won't really do much.
[/quote]

All you need is the Mugen Fan switch and thermostat. I ran a supercharged S2000 w/o heat problem. A bigger Koyo rad would be extra protection,
[/quote]

the first thing i'd be doing is getting new radiator hoses (mine are starting to show signs of dry rot.. lots of little cracks.. oem hoses at 105K miles, 70K of which were in georgia heat) I was thinkin about getting a new radiator while i was at it... a Koyo was top on my list... and if people seem to like Koyo then that is what i'd go with.

The problem with my hood is that it is heavier than stock and looks like crap. It was on the car when i bought it. its one of those "oh my tv isn't working... woo hoo! i have a reason to get a new one!" mindsets. But as I said, the hood is VERY LOW on my priorities right now.

I appreciate the input about the fan switch and thermostat. Will they be bad for a DD/weekend warrior for the next couple of years though? Its only driven in the summer... and judging by the summer we're having now, its going to be a hot one.

-Steve
Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
Originally Posted by gfacter' timestamp='1308169823' post='20686236
[quote name='goldenfri' timestamp='1308169006' post='20686184']
While we are talking about track stuff. Anyone need a set of 14k springs? They are the ones picture on those clubsports above. I also go the standard rate springs so those are going back on for now.
TEMPTING.... but no... i need a new hood before i can get new springs (I've been having cooling problems.. wanted vented hood any way so that is what i'll be getting eventually but first a coolant flush will be my first step)... and even the hood is low on my priorities. any ways, i love my clubsports the way they are as of now
Unless you are having cooling problems while idling, a vented hood won't really do much.
[/quote]

All you need is the Mugen Fan switch and thermostat. I ran a supercharged S2000 w/o heat problem. A bigger Koyo rad would be extra protection,
[/quote]

the first thing i'd be doing is getting new radiator hoses (mine are starting to show signs of dry rot.. lots of little cracks.. oem hoses at 105K miles, 70K of which were in georgia heat) I was thinkin about getting a new radiator while i was at it... a Koyo was top on my list... and if people seem to like Koyo then that is what i'd go with.

The problem with my hood is that it is heavier than stock and looks like crap. It was on the car when i bought it. its one of those "oh my tv isn't working... woo hoo! i have a reason to get a new one!" mindsets. But as I said, the hood is VERY LOW on my priorities right now.

I appreciate the input about the fan switch and thermostat. Will they be bad for a DD/weekend warrior for the next couple of years though? Its only driven in the summer... and judging by the summer we're having now, its going to be a hot one.

-Steve
[/quote]

Nope, all the fan switch does is come on earlier as does (opens) the thermostat. I put them in and forgot about them.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:47 AM

Meaning, engine warms up a little longer than usual and tstat opens more during continious operation.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM

Ron - Eric is packing the truck today and will let me know shortly if he has room for the canopy. if so, i'll drop it by his place tonight and you just need to get it from him when you get there. Just give it back to him at the end of the weekend and he'll bring it back to MD.

I'm just waiting for him to confirm. Otherwise, we'll need to default to plan B
Old 06-16-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by leadfootgirl
Ron - Eric is packing the truck today and will let me know shortly if he has room for the canopy. if so, i'll drop it by his place tonight and you just need to get it from him when you get there. Just give it back to him at the end of the weekend and he'll bring it back to MD.

I'm just waiting for him to confirm. Otherwise, we'll need to default to plan B

. Thanks, Alison.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by gfacter
Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1308226599' post='20688286
[quote name='gfacter' timestamp='1308169823' post='20686236']
[quote name='goldenfri' timestamp='1308169006' post='20686184']
[/quote]

[/quote]

-Steve
[/quote]

Nope, all the fan switch does is come on earlier as does (opens) the thermostat. I put them in and forgot about them.
[/quote]

hehe i knew how they worked (i had to look into them for my Saturn which is notorious for overheating) I just wasn't sure how it would affect the S as a daily

Thanks a ton! i'll look into them first.. i'm getting a very good deal on DGR radiator hoses from Russell (basically same thing as the the Samco hoses) at some point this summer. so maybe those two combined will allow me to put off a radiator until this car sees a lot of track time.

Man i love you guys! so knowledgeable and (for the most part) humble when giving advice :coughcough Skip coughcough: (JK, we all know Skip is my S2K hero)... wonder how his car with the extra doors is doing?

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread