Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman05
Watch out for the tatoo and piercing vendors that will scar you for life!

Seriously, I hope you all have a great time. I will be attending a family wedding in Clevesburgh.
Thanks, Lou and have fun with the family wedding event.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I was pretty much set on going with OEM suspension, because it is getting pretty close to the actual event and I'd hate for something to go wrong with the install or break-in and be out $350 for the event. I didn't really think of the baseline, but that is a good thought. As far as the alignment, I wonder if I should get one this week or not...it has been a while since I have had one done.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Beepbeep
Originally Posted by clarkster009' timestamp='1307973143' post='20676634
[quote name='metros' timestamp='1307844543' post='20673381']
Is this another 'your instructor techs you at grid' style event? I liked that with the last NASA event I did. Saves time instead of trying to line up in the am with the rest of the drivers.
What does this mean? This is my first event.
What he meant was, you don't have to line up to tech shed to be inspected, your instrcutor usualy does it in the grid or in the paddock. Make sure to print out the HPDE tech form from the NASA racing site. Fine an independent shop to help you check everything or you can do it yourself. Instruction is in the form, please read it well.

When you arrive and found us unload everything out of your car, get situated, install your numbers and wait for the drivers meeting. Everything else will flow from there.

See you out there. And oh, the new guy always bring in some coffee.
[/quote]

Ah good idea. I need to do that. I also need to go out to OG Racing for a helmet?

Hey metros and Beepbeep...can you PM me your cell #? I will PM you back with mine. I figure on Saturday morning I will need to track you down to hand you your coffee
Old 06-13-2011, 08:44 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

How did the weekend fair for everyone?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:19 AM

Hyperfest NASA HPDE information here, http://nasaracing.ne...nstructions.pdf.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beepbeep
Originally Posted by metros' timestamp='1307816525' post='20672582
You lemons guys will be paddocked over at shenandoah. So us HPDErs are on our own.

I can be there Friday to set up an area. Just not confident my stuff wouldn't be moved by those with trailers or what not when I leave. I also don't want to leave my s2000 there overnight to hold our area.

Ron, where will Eric be setting up camp? Normal s2000 spot or whereever he can get a spot?
Eric usualy set up in the middle lot on left of first right towards tech shed. I'll try to find him Friday night because I realy want to leave the S there overnight.

Thank you, Alison, I will take you up on your offer. We could meet up tomorrow nite on my way back from Pocono or Meet up next week afterwork.
Doh! i totally missed this Ron. I'm around this week... Is there anyone else going I could give it to to save you a trip up here?
Old 06-13-2011, 01:31 PM

Hey, I got an email from NASA today about the event and they sent a spreadsheet and said "If you go on the track with the incorrect number on the car you may be black flagged" (I guess that's not as bad as having your back flogged HAHA ) but when I looked at my name it said NONE for number. What do I do?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by clarkster009
Hey, I got an email from NASA today about the event and they sent a spreadsheet and said "If you go on the track with the incorrect number on the car you may be black flagged" (I guess that's not as bad as having your back flogged HAHA ) but when I looked at my name it said NONE for number. What do I do?
In your NASA "My Profile" there are three (3) boxes (My Numbers) where you put your prefferred numbers, first box being the first number you will use unless NASA officials will tell you otherwise. By the way that message is mainly for the racers and TT'ers but it's important to for us too for easy driver ID.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
How did the weekend fair for everyone?
This.

and Gordon won, so it was a great weekend!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Clarkster - As far as alignment - I wouldn't worry about it for your first event. For you this event will be about learning basics and increasing awareness. You'll be overwhelmed with on track traffic, learning the line, and brake/acceleration points. You won't be wishing you had gotten that extra .3 degrees of camber.

FYI, I always pack a small cooler of a few drinks and snacks. The day is physically exhausting and you'll want something to keep you going along the way. Also, its going to be pretty warm. Fluids are good. Bring extra oil, basic tools, air pressure gauge, helmet, numbers, etc. I like to pack as much as I can the night before to make that morning easier.

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread