Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robrob
I've never been on the ground in Sadona but whenever I fly over it take the time to scope it out. Looks awesome from the air but looks even cooler from the ground. Have fun but keep that chin strap tight!

eh, not so cool in the summertime. my mom lives there and it gets rather warm. lawn's around the houses are mostly crushed rock with a few strands of hardier weeds, uhm, grass, well green things, takes too much water to keep a real lawn alive. but it does get cold enough in winter for snow. i think it is hilarious that on the highway north to flagstaff the state troopers sometimes setup checkpoints and will not let you past unless you have chains on the tires.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clarkster009: yeah the loudness and ugliness i don't mind at all, but really the necessity to cut into the body of the car to accommodate for the mounting of the harddog bar. that's really the only thing keeping me from getting the harddog bar. are there any other companies that make a bar comparable to harddog but not needing to cut into the body for the mounting points?

leadfootgirl: i am definitely also looking into autoX as well, thanks! would you happen to know any of the groups you mentioned that may not require a rollbar?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chau003
clarkster009: yeah the loudness and ugliness i don't mind at all, but really the necessity to cut into the body of the car to accommodate for the mounting of the harddog bar. that's really the only thing keeping me from getting the harddog bar. are there any other companies that make a bar comparable to harddog but not needing to cut into the body for the mounting points?

leadfootgirl: i am definitely also looking into autoX as well, thanks! would you happen to know any of the groups you mentioned that may not require a rollbar?

There is not much in the way of HPDE that allow S2000s without a rollbar. SCCA PDX *might* allow you with just a hard top (not sure, I should know since I instruct with them).

In terms of autox, no bar needed. If you are within an hour or so of Winchester, I would recommend the mercedes AutoX series. They have an autox each month. Pretty long runs (longer than some of the other local clubs), good size lot and fairly low number of car/drivers.

http://gws-mbca.org/ax/axEvent.html
Old 06-01-2011, 06:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robrob
I've never been on the ground in Sadona but whenever I fly over it take the time to scope it out. Looks awesome from the air but looks even cooler from the ground. Have fun but keep that chin strap tight!

Great biking and hiking. Not much else to do. Temps were in the upper 80s and low 90s with no humidity which feels a lot better than the 90+ with tons of humidity we have here.

Pheonix was a lot hotter (~100+) and nothing special, lots of strip malls.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, I am having a hell of a time trying to return axles I bought that I believe are both passenger side axles, and the seller, Ultra Rev, is really tweaking my nerves. They seem to be trying to delay things until the 45 days passes so I can't file a dispute. I am trying to be patient and work with them, but if things don't work out right with the return, I'd appreciate if you would read my experience and post a reply. This way, for their Ebay feedback, I can just post this link: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/871...xles-the-same/

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If it's getting close and nothing is happening then start the claim. You can always cancel it later. Otherwise you won't have anything to stand on.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by metros
If it's getting close and nothing is happening then start the claim. You can always cancel it later. Otherwise you won't have anything to stand on.
Yeah, it's not like claims immediately hurt the seller. You can still settle amicably after filing a claim, and leave no permanent mark on the seller. It's only if you file a claim, and they continue to ignore you that it really hurts them.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha! I did not know this. When I brought up filing the PayPal dispute the lady was like "Do you really want to hurt my rating?" I mean, I sympathize with online sellers, but she didn't want to put any guarantee in writing and the 45 day mark was coming up, so I filed the dispute tonight. But this was also due to the fact that she was providing poor customer service in her responses and I was finally just fed up with it. Perhaps we can still get it resolved and I can close the dispute.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Got bored and installed a pull tab trunk opener so I don't have to use a key (the fuel door latch was relocated to the trunk). The wire is attached to the key bellcrank.

I also inspected and gapped my spark plugs. The gap was a couple of thousandths too wide but they look good with a nice cocoa brown color. It looks like the oil seals are leaking though.

Yea, I was bored...
Old 06-06-2011, 04:30 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

quote name='robrob' timestamp='1307331948' post='20652214']
Got bored and installed a pull tab trunk opener so I don't have to use a key (the fuel door latch was relocated to the trunk). The wire is attached to the key bellcrank.

Did you just pick some random place for the hole for the pull tab?

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread