Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:08 PM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

That was quick.
Originally Posted by FF2Skip
Car appears to be leaving the state of Virginia this weekend. Most likely WITH the diff unless I get cash in hand before the transfer.

When I come back, my 16' open trailer will be for sale. Calvin was the original owner, and we all know how much he used it. LOL
Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 PM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by gfacter
That was quick.
Originally Posted by FF2Skip' timestamp='1305581513' post='20581803
Car appears to be leaving the state of Virginia this weekend. Most likely WITH the diff unless I get cash in hand before the transfer.

When I come back, my 16' open trailer will be for sale. Calvin was the original owner, and we all know how much he used it. LOL
good for Skip... bad for me
Old 05-16-2011, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My open trailer is for sale too. Almost as little used as Skip/Calvin's a year or two newer.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious, what kind of pricing does PuddyMud charge for a diff and what does it include?

So is the next major track day Hyperfest in June? I have my bar in now so I am ready!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:49 AM

Hey, I am getting ready to sign up for Hyperfest, however, I just had a couple questions.

1) Do I need a NASA license to run the HPDE 1?

2) Do I need to schedule an appointment with a physician and have him fill out the medical waiver to OK me?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 AM

EDIT: I found the answer to #1...I just signed up for the event and got a NASA membership! I'm pretty excited!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by clarkster009
Hey, I am getting ready to sign up for Hyperfest, however, I just had a couple questions.

1) Do I need a NASA license to run the HPDE 1?

2) Do I need to schedule an appointment with a physician and have him fill out the medical waiver to OK me?

Thanks,

Kevin

You do not need a comp license to run HPDE.
You do not need a medical waiver.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Just curious, what kind of pricing does PuddyMud charge for a diff and what does it include?
This is a price list Ben Herne (s2kpuddydad) sent me about a month ago. I went with the Stage 1.5+ and 4.44 gearing. He's also freshening the OS Gikin limited slip diff for me. This is all going into an extra diff I bought from The Nick last month. George was kind enough to source the 4.44 gears from Mazdaspeed for me. I haven't run the gears or LSD yet so it should be a pretty nice upgrade when I get this diff installed.

-------------------------------------------------------------
This is some info on the rear builds I do, Stock build,
A Stage 1.5, 1.5+, 2, 3, and Stage 4

Stock build,
A clean reconditioned rear using stock OEM parts and a stock 4.10 gear ratio is $800

Stage 1.5

This is a rear that will have cryo treated hardware and gears. The rear will also have a Heavy Duty (not stock) crush sleeve.

The crush sleeve used in this rear is over 50 thousands heaver than a stock crush sleeve and will hold up much better than the stock unit.

Price for this build with a stock 4.10 ratio is $950

Stage 1.5+

Will have everything the 1.5 has plus cryo treated bearing caps and upgraded 10.9 Hardware.

Price for this build with a stock 4.10 ratio is $1,000

PuddyMod Stage 2 Differential for Honda S2000

This build is your best bang for the buck in a upgraded and enhanced diff.
This rear has a 100% none failure rate and is ideal for N/A and cars with forced induction up to 350 Horse Power.

PM Stage 2 rear build,
The rear is set up for N/A and low boosted cars.
It is rebuilt from the housing in starting with every rotating part being cryogenically thermo cycled, then new pinion bearings and seals are used to assemble. There is a one piece PuddyMod solid steel sleeve used instead of an OEM crush collar. The solid sleeve is made of 10/20 mandrel steel, it is seamless and will not compress under heavy stress like the OEM can. Solid sleeves are used in high performance racing rear ends because they work. The PM sleeve is a custom made part to fit this rear, it is a one piece steel sleeve. The stock hardware is replaced with new 10.9 hardware. Backlash is set at 2 to 3.5 thousands giving a tighter gear to gear fit.
Full Blueprint assembly of rear using precision accuracy to better than factory tolerances.

Price for the standard PM Stage 2 rear using a stock 4.10 ratio is $1,560

PM Stage 3

130,000 PSI reinforcing strap.

New bearings, seals, and hardware are used

Black phosphate finishing (same process used in firearms )

Solid custom sleeved pinion (no crush collar) we use 10/20 mandrel steel (seamless)

ARP hardware

Backlash is set at 2 to 3.5 thousands giving a tighter gear to gear fit.
Full Blueprint assembly of rear using precision accuracy to better than factory tolerances.

Price for the standard PM Stage 3 rear using a stock 4.10 gear ratio is $2,460

Price for the standard PM Stage 3 rear using a stock 4.10 gear ratio is $2,460

PM Stage 4

We fully cryogenically treat the rear, that is every part is cryo treated that can be.
Fully built and reinforced housing that can hold upwards of 200,000 PSI stock is only 60,000 PSI

New bearings, seals, and hardware are used

Fully de-burred and polished gears for smoother cooler operation, less friction

Black phosphate finishing (same process used in firearms )

Solid custom sleeved pinion (no crush collar) we use 10/20 mandrel steel (seamless)

Fresh PuddyMod signature paint on the housing

12.9 hardware used through out

Modified Stock rear cover

Price for the PM Stage 4 rear using a stock 4.10 gear ratio is $2,950

Ben, let me know if you would rather I not post this price list.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I finally got the S on a dyno. I took it out to RP Performance at Summit Point. Bret and I spent a little over an hour on the Dyno Dynamics dyno. We did 2 baseline runs with just the stock ecu and hit 184 horsepower. That was shockingly low but Bret says his dyno is typically 5 to 13% lower than a typical Dynojet. Keep in mind I'm running a stock motor, cold air intake, stock header, resonated test pipe and race muffler.

I then installed the Apexi fuel & vtec controller and left all the fuel settings at 0% but lowered the vtec point by 1200rpm. There was about a 7 hp drop in power when the vtec kicked in and the car was running lean pretty much from 4k up. I bumped the vtec point up 200rpm and that seemed to be a good vtec point because there was no hp drop and I got a nice boost in hp between the new and old vtec points.

I started adding fuel and made several more runs. I ended up going up to +9% fuel around 6500rpm and gradually dropping down to +1% at the rev limiter. I finished up with +9 hp and +6lbs of torque in the midrange and +7 hp and 5lbs at the limiter. I'm thinking that +9 hp will come in handy around summit point when the LSD actually puts all the power to the pavement.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by robrob
I started adding fuel and made several more runs. I ended up going up to +9% fuel around 6500rpm and gradually dropping down to +1% at the rev limiter. I finished up with +9 hp and +6lbs of torque in the midrange and +7 hp and 5lbs at the limiter. I'm thinking that +9 hp will come in handy around summit point when the LSD actually puts all the power to the pavement.

That will be fun to watch.

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread