Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TopGear
Does anybody have an OEM radio antenna sitting around? I thought some of you track guys might have removed yours.

Mine was stolen today
that's how i bought my car. ebay is great for that..
Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TopGear
Does anybody have an OEM radio antenna sitting around? I thought some of you track guys might have removed yours.

Mine was stolen today
Mine's in the attic wanting a new home.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 AM

Low 70s and sunny for the Jefferson event this Saturday! Looks like we have 3-4 S2000 (and 13+ Miatas). I am a little disappointed at the S2000 turnout. The event is really over capacity* at this point but it is still not too late to register and have a nice relaxing single day HPDE.

Maybe I'll remove the hardtop?

* Over capacity for a Mercedes event means the total number of students will be close to the size of a single run group at a NASA or SCCA event.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by TubeDriver
Low 70s and sunny for the Jefferson event this Saturday! Looks like we have 3-4 S2000 (and 13+ Miatas). I am a little disappointed at the S2000 turnout. The event is really over capacity* at this point but it is still not too late to register and have a nice relaxing single day HPDE.

* Over capacity for a Mercedes event means the total number of students will be close to the size of a single run group at a NASA or SCCA event.

i wish i could gggggooo. I a month i'll be able to start coming out i think Hope you have a good run!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 AM

I have an oem antenna laying around somewhere. It's yours if you come and find it ) I'm serious.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I have 3/16" toe in on each side after putting OEM front ball joints back on. (had SPCs, which broke) This is measured via the precise "string between the wheels and eyeball approach" so its more or less at best.

I really don't feel like messing around with the alignment as I would rather sit on my porch and drink a beer.

I'm driving up to Summit on Sat on street tires and changing to Rcomps there.

Am I going to destroy my new RA1s with this much toe?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Olegator
I have an oem antenna laying around somewhere. It's yours if you come and find it ) I'm serious.
Awesome! Thanks, Oleg

I still need those bolts from my roll bar install too. I'll do both at once some weekend.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TubeDriver

Looking forward to this event! Weather is going to be perfect. I haven't gotten an email with the car number they want me to use. NASA usually emails me that information prior to the event. Is Mercedes show up and get your number at tech?

I haven't ever been on Jefferson or actually seen it. Which entrance should I be using? Shenandoah or main?

I'm planning on swinging over to the track tomorrow evening to walk the course, which will be my first opportunity to do so.

S2000 drivers:
Metros - Jason
Beepbeep - uncle Ron
Tubedriver - Pete
Dc_s2k - Matt

Anybody else? Allison? Rob?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I haven't ever been on Jefferson or actually seen it. Which entrance should I be using? Shenandoah or main?
When on Summit Main in Turn 3 if you look left you'll see the Jefferson Circuit. Take the Summit Main entrance if it's open and drive straight in like you're going to the Washington Skid pad. Follow Summit Main back by Turn 4 and you'll run into the paddock near Turn 3. It's a tight little track. My best lap is a 59 I think. It's supposed to be 1 mile in length. Have fun guys.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by metros
Originally Posted by TubeDriver' timestamp='1304006832' post='20516999

Looking forward to this event! Weather is going to be perfect. I haven't gotten an email with the car number they want me to use. NASA usually emails me that information prior to the event. Is Mercedes show up and get your number at tech?

I'm planning on swinging over to the track tomorrow evening to walk the course, which will be my first opportunity to do so.

S2000 drivers:
Metros - Jason
Beepbeep - uncle Ron
Tubedriver - Pete
Dc_s2k - Matt

Anybody else? Allison? Rob?

If you have vinyl numbers, bring them along. If not, they will assign them to you at the event. You can use tape or that white shoe polish stuff.

There is s student packet available on the Mercedes website.

Looks like it be a great day weather wise!

Jefferson is pretty simply (but fun). Pit out> short straight>Late apex>apex to apex> double apex corner> high speed down hill turn (take a little late)> straight>wiggle> super late apex corner> front straight>rinse, repeat.

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread