Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed an Evo took out a flag station or some other substantial looking structure on the longer straight at Jefferson last Friday. Didnt see much of it as I was instructing, but it didn't look very good. It was raining hard that day.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dc_s2k
I noticed an Evo took out a flag station or some other substantial looking structure on the longer straight at Jefferson last Friday. Didnt see much of it as I was instructing, but it didn't look very good. It was raining hard that day.

Yup, corner worker had to make a jump to escape. They just dragged the remains of the flag station over and dumped it into the woods. One of the bonuses to working at SP is hearing all the crazy stories that happen.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by TubeDriver
Originally Posted by dc_s2k' timestamp='1303153683' post='20479395
Yup, corner worker had to make a jump to escape. They just dragged the remains of the flag station over and dumped it into the woods. One of the bonuses to working at SP is hearing all the crazy stories that happen.
whoa!!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dollar
Originally Posted by TubeDriver' timestamp='1303154092' post='20479435
[quote name='dc_s2k' timestamp='1303153683' post='20479395']
whoa!!
[/quote]

Double whoa
Old 04-18-2011, 12:58 PM

Crazy!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by robrob
Instead of the pain to install SPC joints, has anyone tried or heard about the godspeed rear toe camber adjuster?
They look similar to the Megan racing rear bump steer kit which I run but they don't mention bump steer correction. I'd go with Megan with bump steer correction since you're in an AP1 (more bump steer than AP2). I'm able to get -3 camber in the rear with mine--I'm not running SPCs in the rear.
I ended up getting rid of my TCDesign rear bumpsteer kit due to having to shed points. I did not notice any handling difference afterwards. Then again, my car was lighter than stock and on decent suspension.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I ended up getting rid of my TCDesign rear bumpsteer kit due to having to shed points.
Take a good look at your rule book. You may have to take a point or two for using those arms. For NASA anything other than stock is a +1 (I'm pretty sure), and I think a "bump steer" kit is a +2.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:01 PM

I ended up getting rid of my TCDesign rear bumpsteer kit due to having to shed points.
Take a good look at your rule book. You may have to take a point or two for using those arms. For NASA anything other than stock is a +1 (I'm pretty sure), and I think a "bump steer" kit is a +2.
Not sure if you were talking directly to me, but I put stock arms back on after the whole SPC deal and did not notice a handling difference.

Add'lly, ANY change to the OEM ball joint gets assessed. Here is my quoting of rules in the other thread:

From Page 27 in the CCR for Time Trials under Suspension:

19) Alteration of ball joints/dive angles +2

This is my unofficial take on the rules: If a part is not oem or exactly like oem, it must be assessed. If it is NOT assessed in the rules, the part is not legal for use. The fact that said part also increases possible camber is a slam dunk for a points assessment. There is no "free" add'l camber for the S2000, non-adjustable or not.

Under No Points Mods on Page 30, it clearly states that such a part is NOT a "no-point" mod:

1) Simple camber, caster, and toe adjustment by any method that does not alter suspension
mounting points (unless the modification used is otherwise assessed points above--such as
control arm, ball joint, and relocated mounting point modifications). Slotting of the OEM
bolt holes and removal of material from the top surface of the OEM strut/shock tower to the
extent necessary to allow simple camber/caster adjustment is permitted.). Bolt on
camber/caster plates are not assessed points.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:05 PM

I'm still not sure what you're saying here.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Not sure if you were talking directly to me, but I put stock arms back on after the whole SPC deal and did not notice a handling difference.

Add'lly, ANY change to the OEM ball joint gets assessed. Here is my quoting of rules in the other thread:
Sorry Skip, I didn't realize who I was talking to. I thought you were replacing the "bump steer correcting" arms with arms that just add more camber adjustment. I agree with your interpretation of the rules as they read now. The J's racing ball joints are +2 now, same as SPC adjustable ball joints.

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread