Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 Track Junkie Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beard
Had an awesome time today. My instructor Brian was amazing and really helped me learn the track fast as well as work on trying to smooth out my inputs. At the end of every session I would get a little more aggressive and the last one ended up biting me in the ass.

Here is a short video of the impact, the car isn't too bad but needs a bumper/headlight/fender.

http://vimeo.com/22210735
I've been in your position in the past. Take it as a learning experience and move forward. When you go out in the future spend time visualizing what you want to do to make that turn perfect. Otherwise you'll spend time replaying what you did wrong and possibly repeating that event.

Track insurance is a possibility in the future. Helped to take a lot of the sting out of my off track experience.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, anybody else see the s2k on the cover of grassroots motorsports this month...leading the miata.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it was a bad quality weld that did not propagate all the way through the metal... let us know how it turns out. P-Tuning was the only shop I let working on my car when there is something I can't do myself.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Put in an order for the ASTs today... hopefully i can get them on before the June event
Sweet! What spring rates are you going with?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:07 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

Well... my frame is tweaked most likely. The shop went to do the alignment and could not get toe or camber to UK spec. The rear camber on one side would not go past -2.6 (so more positive) and the toe was all effed up. The other side could get -2 camber as well as the correct toe. the subframe is perfectly lined up with the frame (this is the new.. used...ap2 subframe and arms/knuckles i got)

I will be purchasing SPC joints for the rear in the next couple of weeks. This means there will be no tracking for me this summer... no HPDEs what so ever.

this summer is turning out to be a total :fail: with the S.

guess i'll be just stalking the track thread instead of contributing
Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

What shop?

Are they a know S2000 Alignment place?

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
Well... my frame is tweaked most likely. The shop went to do the alignment and could not get toe or camber to UK spec. The rear camber on one side would not go past -2.6 (so more positive) and the toe was all effed up. The other side could get -2 camber as well as the correct toe. the subframe is perfectly lined up with the frame (this is the new.. used...ap2 subframe and arms/knuckles i got)

I will be purchasing SPC joints for the rear in the next couple of weeks. This means there will be no tracking for me this summer... no HPDEs what so ever.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by gfacter
What shop?

Are they a know S2000 Alignment place?

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak' timestamp='1302628028' post='20457715

they've done a few s2000's. they are actually a subie place, but very highly recommended for all makes. the shop is Agile Automotive: http://www.agileauto.com/

its the only shop i'll bring my S to in the baltimore area.

i'm thinking a trip up to BillMan's will be in order this summer.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I had heard of Alignment places turning the concentric adjusters the wrong direction and stating they could not get it right.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robrob
Put in an order for the ASTs today... hopefully i can get them on before the June event
Sweet! What spring rates are you going with?
asked for 700/650
Old 04-12-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by gfacter
I had heard of Alignment places turning the concentric adjusters the wrong direction and stating they could not get it right.

I mean, they got the other side correct, and they are a good shop, so i'm assuming they did it correctly. i sent Billman a PM to see if i can't meet up with him at the Dragon to talk in person about it. If it comes down to it... I think the best solution as of right now, will be SPC joints in the rears as well as the front. Maybe down the road a few years from now i can have a frame shop check it out.

i really am starting to think i may have to find another S in the near future.

Quick Reply: 2011 Track Junkie Thread