Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

2011 MD/NOVA Auto-X Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apeatwo, Are you getting the Motons to go with a 275 square setup from a current 245? I am guessing that you have about a million times more knowledge about the perfect setup based on seeing that you know Jadrice, Marc, and the fast gang

Marc listed his Konis for sale, and I want to go 275 square, but cannot afford it at the moment.

I think Mike L. is fast, but he refuses to leave his 350Z for a real car . All we can really do is compete via PAX, which is not as much fun as directly. In contrast, I know that you are very fast, so hopefully we can find an event to compete before and/or after you get your new setup complete. I might be amenable to driving a little ways if I had enough advance notice and somehow I had a free moment
Old 09-20-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Jeff got me by about .4ish in PAX on Sunday...I never figured the course out and it hurt me. The new suspension really has the car moving through the transitions, but it does not dig out of the slower stuff nearly as well as the old set-up. Need to find the happy median.

Not going to lie...I was pondering a new car for a bit when the motor issues were making things look bleak, but finding my lost horsepower has given me a new wind with the car.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:01 PM

Noel, the dates for the Hershey event are the 22nd and 23rd. I am registered for the 22nd (Saturday).
Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM

Cool. I will register for the same. The car is much better after o followed Jadrice's advice to stiffen the front bar. He said "full stiff," bit being stubborn I increased it one notch. I mow want to go one more (full) and see... hopefully before Hershey. It certainly reduces body roll. The other setting was good for street tires, bit more stiffness is necessary for the hoosiers. I wore my first set out through cord way up on the shoulder. Pressures were good -- it was the body roll I saw in the pictures after nationals. If I had listened to Jadrice, day 2 would have likely been more like day 1. I am so stubborn, and just didn't listen for dear of making an unknown change at a national championship on a relatively new car (2.5 months at the time). That dude was right though. I will try and go 275 square for next year -- I wonder if my 1.25" hollow bar will be enough...
Old 09-20-2011, 05:16 PM

I hate typing from my phone. Anyway it was 4/6 at nationals (slaloms sucked day 2), and I just tried 5/6 with huge improvement last sat. Still hotter on outside of wheels imdicating body roll, but much less. I will try 6/6 next.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:30 PM

Even with the 800lb springs in the front of my car now...I think I am going to bump the front bar up the last notch. I dropped it thinking the additional rate spring would suffice, but I think I can do with a bit more rate.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:40 PM

I signed up for the BMW event on the 1st. I just don't feel like making the drive to NJ on that day. Plan to test out the stiffer bar setting there. My 285's are getting pretty worn down. They only have about 45 runs, but they are falling off rapidly.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:59 PM

This is what you missed:
Compare the body roll to other of my videos -- much improved!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHEouoqvRo
Old 09-21-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by nlink720
Apeatwo, Are you getting the Motons to go with a 275 square setup from a current 245? I am guessing that you have about a million times more knowledge about the perfect setup based on seeing that you know Jadrice, Marc, and the fast gang

Marc listed his Konis for sale, and I want to go 275 square, but cannot afford it at the moment.

I think Mike L. is fast, but he refuses to leave his 350Z for a real car . All we can really do is compete via PAX, which is not as much fun as directly. In contrast, I know that you are very fast, so hopefully we can find an event to compete before and/or after you get your new setup complete. I might be amenable to driving a little ways if I had enough advance notice and somehow I had a free moment
I appreciate the kind words but I certainly have a lot more to learn and develop.

Unfortunately, I cannot go to 275s up front due to the 2004 springs. Basically, the stiffness of the CR makes it the only S that can run the 275 in BS without complication. It would definitely help, especially on courses like last Sundays AI course. Much of what I've learned is a direct result of Jadrice and Marc's willingness to share. They're both great guys.

If I didn't pick up shocks recently I'd be all over Marcs, they don't go up for sale often. The guys couldn't decide on which car was faster, car #1 or #2. The only difference between the two cars was the shocks. Jay swares by the Motons and Marc wasn't sure early in the year and seems to have changed his mind but, maybe not entirely as he went with the Ohlins.

Its amazing the difference the FSB makes isn't it? The car comes alive in high speed slaloms/transitions. I have the same bar you do but apparently I need the monster bar to compensate for the lesser spring rates. Jay claims his car is actually setup softer than mine but he can get away with it.

Mike is definitely fast, I hoping I might be able to get him raw time but it didn't happen. Close I think, but not that close. The course at AI was giving both of us trouble, neither of us could get what we thought we should on it.

My season is definitely winding down but with any luck we'll both get to the same event sooner than later. I'm not sure about the Hershey event cause I'd like to run the NCAC with Jay (don't know about Marc) in a couple weeks. I'm getting worn down by the travel lately but we'll see.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:29 AM

Jeff, the consensus seems to be that Hershey is the best surface outside of the new meadowlands in the area (I haven't been there yet). I'll let Noel verify that, but the big hershey lot lends itself very well to solo.

Here is a vid of the lot.....also, about 1/3 of the lot wasn't used for this course.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeqGlSD5Fn4[/media]

Quick Reply: 2011 MD/NOVA Auto-X Thread