2011 MD/NOVA Auto-X Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In-car from today...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yIYG1_k1qI[/media]
Old 08-27-2011, 04:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
Anyone venture to CDC....sounds like the vast majority of those registered didn't show. We got lucky, it stayed dry for us in Hershey.
Yes, I was there. I expected it to be raining throughout, so I left on my all-seaon tires. The lot was dry for my first 3 runs though. But then it started raining and hasn't stopped since. I was actually able to hold on to more speed than I thought despite all the standing water with those Potenza 960 Pole Positions. There were probably 30 people there, if even that. And there was also a black S with a hard top. Didn't get a chance to talk to him though as I was entertaining a friend who may be getting into the sport.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
Moton Club Sports up for sale in the marketplace.....

Motons.
I'd kill for those things. I think I could buy them without the +1 knowing.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:04 PM

I just got my 8242's back from truechoice a few weeks ago....hoping to get time to stick them in this week. I'm excited to finally get them back on the car (they came off the car and were in the mail in early June).
Old 08-29-2011, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SATurday September 10th Autocross

Hylton HS in Woodbrdge, VA is the location of the next Capital Driving Club autocross on SATURDAY September 10th. This event is the last event at Woodbridge this year. So if you want to autocross in Woodbridge this is your last chance in 2011.

Registration and tech inspection will be at 8:00 am and will promptly close at 8:45 am to try to accommodate the full field, while still giving 6 runs. You must be DONE by 8:45 am. So if you arrive at 8:00 am you won't have a problem. Don't arrive at the last minute.

Due to increases in costs from last year, the event fee for the Saturday autocross is $30 for members and $40 for non-members.

On-line Reservation System

Member reservations (or participants that will join the club upon showing up) for any events can be made at any time. Open reservations for non-members and members will start Friday September 2nd.

New Members

We will be accepting new members at this event. If you plan to join the club at this event, you may make a reservation at this time by doing the following:

1. Use "0" as the member number (a permanent number will be assigned to you after you join and you will get a temporary number for this event)
2. TYPE "I will be joining the club at this event" in the NOTES section when making you reservation.

If you have any questions, let me know at capitaldriving@yahoo.com.

Ed
Old 09-01-2011, 09:57 AM

Noel is running right now (with Franklin Dam as his co-driver) at Nationals in B-Stock...

You can follow here.....Live Broadcast
Old 09-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Great job, Noel! Really within striking distance for a trophy!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:10 PM

OK. The field is light enought to offer the $10 Discount on Second Slot for Saturday September 10th at Hylton HS

To help increase interested in the September 10th event at Hylton HS in Woodbirdge, VA, we are offering the following special.

For anyone paying for a second slot, the second slot will be $10 off. So if you are a member the second slot for a member will only be $20. If the second slot is for a non-member the cost will be $30 (rather than $40).

The second slot can also be used the same driver (e.g. they would drive in two heats) or for a guest.

To sign up for a second slot:

1. Make a second reservation (for you or the guest)
2. Type "Second Slot" in the Notes Section (if it is for a guest, state your name - e.g. second slot guest of John Doe). You must type "Second Slot." Otherwise, we may think you mistakenly submitted duplicate reservations.

-Several people used the second slot for a guest (some that never autocrossed with CDC)
-Many participants used the second slot to get 12 runs
-Some used the second slot to be a point autocross in the 6 morning runs (since only the first 6 counted for points) then treated the afternoon as a TNT by trading cars with other two slot participants

This offer is only extended for this event at Hylton HS on Saturday September 10th, 2011.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:45 AM

Mercedes next autoX is Sep 11. As always, expect low key fun (~40 cars), runs times >60 seconds, and fast courses.

http://gws-mbca.org/ax/axEvent.html

Season results so far:

http://gws-mbca.org/ax/autocross.html
Old 09-02-2011, 01:15 PM

I may come up on the 10th...

Quick Reply: 2011 MD/NOVA Auto-X Thread