Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

*** Official 4th CO nomination thread ***

Old 03-18-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** Official 4th CO nomination thread ***

Ok guys I am going to lay this out right off the bat to quiet any chatter that may occur in this thread. Jeff and I have been advocates for a 4th Community Organizer all along and we felt it neccessary to approach Admin to obtain their thoughts, they have given us the ok so I dont want any comments about "needing one" Our opinion is, the more leadership, the greater the population at meets and seeing as how last year was our busiest by far, we need to remain with that set-up! Please keep the negativity OUT of here as your only hurting the community, whats the point?

Bill (BearNVa) is handling from Richmond south and Jeff (WhrDLMI) is handling from Tysons or so north to the DC area and west, with myself handling Maryland. We have discussed this and we need someone to fill the void of Tysons south to the Fredericksburg area. Members in between that gap will just have to travel as putting someone there wouldnt really address the issue we have at the moment. As the community changes, the zones and CO locations will change (2 Years ago Baltimore was dead and VA was the spot) Believe me we all three keep our eye on the community as you well know and make changes that best suit the community.

Now, as a CO I have my nomination but I think this time I am going to leave this up to the community entirely and we will just go with what is decided, this is merely the nomination thread which will remain open until thursday or friday at which point the community will hold a vote. Anyone may nominate themselves if they feel they can handle this role effectively. One must also hold a paid s2ki membership to be considered for their nomination. With that said:

Keep in mind when nominating someone that they should be:

- One who attends meets regularly at this time (should be a board member)
- Someone who you think will dedicate themselves to the community, not just take the title and stand idle!
- Someone with good overall leadership qualities
- A long standing member on the Mid-Atlantic forum who understands what we are about

This will be up for maybe 1-2 days to get all of your opinions, and then I will go to each candidate on the list and see if they would accept their nomination at which time we will go to a vote and name your next CO.

Candidate List:
Ross (highlift)
Jeff (Cap1)
Aaron (e3opian)
Old 03-18-2008, 06:24 PM

I nominate Ross and Jeff cap1
Old 03-18-2008, 06:56 PM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm with Billiam in nominating Mr. FullofHugs on the right

......and so's the bunneh
Old 03-18-2008, 08:02 PM

I think i'm going to let the new membership nominate, i might just sit this one out and watch.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i nominate Vu (SlverStoneAP2). he always gets little mini meets going at random times throughout the week, and has planned 2 very successful meets in his short time of owning an S2000. he's easy to get along with, and can make any newcomer feel right at home and as if they are one of the pack. he's an all around good guy that i've come to consider a real friend, not just a guy i know through s2ki. he's also very diplomatic.

i think that Vu would do a great job as a CO here.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Mar 18 2008, 11:11 PM
i nominate Vu (SlverStoneAP2). he always gets little mini meets going at random times throughout the week, and has planned 2 very successful meets in his short time of owning an S2000. he's easy to get along with, and can make any newcomer feel right at home and as if they are one of the pack. he's an all around good guy that i've come to consider a real friend, not just a guy i know through s2ki. he's also very diplomatic.

i think that Vu would do a great job as a CO here.
I was hoping to see the new membership post people that they feel comfortable with in the community. However there is one problem with your nomination. Per Mid-A S2ki rules a CO must "hold a paid s2ki membership to be considered for their nomination."

I'm sure that if Vu gets a membership before O-turn closes the nomination thread then he would be able to be nominated as a 4th CO.

Just wanted to tell you so hopefully Vu can join the running!

Old 03-18-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second VU or Jeff but I just dont know what everyone else work schedules are like.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Drinks2k,Mar 18 2008, 11:39 PM
I second VU or Jeff but I just dont know what everyone else work schedules are like.
Vu is required to get a membership before he can be considered.

for participating in voting!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:03 PM

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Highlift Ross
E3opian Aaron
Cap1 Jeff
Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the nomination guys, I feel so honored. I just like to see everyone have a good time. If everyone feel that i fit the position, then i won't let you guys and gals down. Paid membership here i come.

Quick Reply: *** Official 4th CO nomination thread ***