Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

WTB : ARC Intake Box

Old 08-19-2004, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB : ARC Intake Box

Old 08-19-2004, 09:22 PM

check mackinindustries.com
Ordered mine 1 month ago, comes in on Saturday; bought both super induction box & intake chamber. It is not cheap my friend, not at all. (around $650 for both, probably even split for each piece).

Good luck though,
Adrian
Old 08-20-2004, 03:59 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

save your money on something that doesn't suck in hot air.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I dont wait is selling his setup. I think he is selling it for cheap. Turbo_pwr is correct and the price is way to much for what you get. I thought this intake was like $600?
Old 08-20-2004, 09:21 AM
S2X
Former Sponsor

but it looks so nice under the hood...JDM bling!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:28 PM

Suck in just hot air, give me a break. Have you seen the size of the intake box. It is about 12 X12 almost. You are going to tell me that that pussy little slit of an intake inlet on the spoon intake or that shitty ass pipe of an injen or AEM intake will get more quality air than the ARC box? What a joke!
On top pf that, w/ the induction chamber, the air gets in faster than regular CAI. As far as intakes for NA cars, this is the shit, b/c I have had and tried the AEM, Injen, and even the PRM and this is is the shizznit by far. AND TALK ABOUT EYE CANDY!!!!!
Besides, I live in Forida (FLOODS!!!!!!) so those supposed cold-air intakes even w/ bypass valves get me nothing but water in the engine.
Want something better, get a turbo or supercharger, if not get ARC and leave those other CAI to the amateurs.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey! nice to meet you too work! welcome to s2ki!
Old 08-20-2004, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by workinprogress,Aug 20 2004, 04:28 PM
Suck in just hot air, give me a break. Have you seen the size of the intake box. It is about 12 X12 almost. You are going to tell me that that pussy little slit of an intake inlet on the spoon intake or that shitty ass pipe of an injen or AEM intake will get more quality air than the ARC box? What a joke!
On top pf that, w/ the induction chamber, the air gets in faster than regular CAI. As far as intakes for NA cars, this is the shit, b/c I have had and tried the AEM, Injen, and even the PRM and this is is the shizznit by far. AND TALK ABOUT EYE CANDY!!!!!
Besides, I live in Forida (FLOODS!!!!!!) so those supposed cold-air intakes even w/ bypass valves get me nothing but water in the engine.
Want something better, get a turbo or supercharger, if not get ARC and leave those other CAI to the amateurs.

I hate to tell ya, but you're totally wrong. The ARC sucks hot air, plain and simple.
It may have more surface area to get air in, but it has to flow though the same size pipes as the other intakes...so the resistance is the same. The AEM is actually tuned, so the length of the pipe actually helps with air induction and overcomes the problems created by longer length and resistance. Other shorter intakes, like the Comptech, try to use the bulge in the intake pipe as Helmholtz generator....almost like creating shockwaves or pulses of air to the engine. Second, the size of the filter box doesn't mean crap if you have a poor flowing filter. In addition, the filter design impacts on flow as. Your logic, while simple and attempts to make use of common sense, doesn't work.
Instead of talking a bunch of crap to a guy that probably has forgotten more than you know about the car, sit back and try to take some advice.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:34 PM

dang, this sounds like a courthouse...is it possible to just buy the box and bolt it in the stock intake piping instead of buying the intake chamber..or do i have to buy the box and the chamber>?
Old 08-20-2004, 11:21 PM

Wink

How long did it take to find that cute little cliff notes insertion????? Sure got some time on your hands. Hope when I grow up I can be as cool as you.

Quick Reply: WTB : ARC Intake Box