Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Now there is a Group Buys Forum, and a seperate For Sale & WTB Forum

Old 02-19-2003, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now there is a Group Buys Forum, and a seperate For Sale & WTB Forum

Sorry for the confusion ladies and gents...

There has been an addition to the Marketplace, now the for sale and wanted to buy forum will be separate to all group buys.

What this means for all of you, is if you plan to start a group buy, it should be posted in the group buy's forum and not this one. All private classifieds and wanted to buys should be posted here.

I am in the process of moving all the threads over, so if I fail to transfer your thread from the Group Buy forum, just bump it back to the top and I will catch it. Thanks for your patience in this transition!!
Old 07-26-2003, 05:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said. But how come Muz is allowed to advertise his non-private sales here?
Old 07-26-2003, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me a few Sponsors are breaking the rules and nothing has yet happened to them.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:19 AM

What exactly do you mean by non-private sales? I never noticed anything with it, but if there is a problem I will do my best to correct it - (keep in mind I have been gone for almost a month and just came back so I haven't been here for a while)
Old 07-27-2003, 09:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

By non-private sales, I meant the 10 or so product info/ad threads that gets bumped daily by Muz. Other sponsors post such threads (except those actually have meaningful info) in the GB forum. Correct me if I misunderstood the intention for the 2 different forums, but isn't this forum for individual private sales, and not company (sponsor) sales? Honest question here; no sarcasm intended.

Just to make myself clear, I am not totally against sponsors posting their products in the For Sale & WTB Forum. I enjoy those sponsor threads that announce new products or new news on products. But there is quite a distinction between that and what Muz is doing.

By bumping his 10 (or over) threads daily with no real info to add, it:
1. Clutters the forum with advertising (noise) that browsers have to navigate through.
2. Buries other individuals' for-sale-&-wanted threads.
3. Is unfair to other sponsors on the board. I am glad all but one other have adhered to their common courtesy and refrained from such practice.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

And this coming from the very same PsychoBen who had no qualms about accepting discounts from me.

And how do you think he found that discount information? It wasn't at the very bottom of the For Sale or GB forums I can tell you.

Newer members might now appreciate knowing how they can get discounts. Judicious use of your ignore button is the best thing you can do if you don't want to see a thread.

The threads will only be there until they are automatically locked so please stop complaining (this is your third post now after the last was locked by the moderators)...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=138929

...or at least have the decency to stop referring to me in the third person (like I'm not here) and speak to me directly.

Seriously...I don't mind you having your point of view or approaching me about it privately but this sort of one-man campaign isn't neccessary. Everything is not always as black and white as you may like it to be.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:48 PM

Anybody who has a complaint with our sponsors should first try to contact the sponsor, if no progress has been made, the only other person who you can contact regarding this is cthree - otherwise your complaints are falling on idle ears.