Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Mocal Oil Cooler w/stainless steel lines

Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mocal Oil Cooler w/stainless steel lines

Mocal Oil Cooler w/stainless steel lines and Earl's Fittings

Mocal Oil Cooler w/stainless steel lines and Earl's Fittings

used for less than 30 miles.

removed to run a different setup.

$200

FIRM

Open to trades-
oem side strakes
oem front lip
cf mugen style hood
...back massage from a hot chick...

I am located in Torrance, CA

I will ship at buyers expense. Keep in mind shipping will not be cheap, I'll need to purchase packing supplies to ensure the cooler does not get damaged.

I'm willing to meet up-as long as you live within a 35 mile vicinity.

CALL if your interested
808 384 4411

jacy_kuamoo@hotmail.com for any shipping inquiries.

I don't have a ruler to measure so here is the ghetto ruler-
My foot is a size 12, so you can gauge the size of the cooler (proportions)

Old 08-13-2008, 10:04 PM

I'm going F/I soon and I've been thinking about running an oil cooler, but I have have my legitimate concerns. Judging by the fact that you only used it for 30 miles (regardless of the fact that you're going a different route), you probably had some concerns as well.

How much will this drop my oil pressure? Any ill effects like sludging from "over cooling" the oil (this sounds silly, but is actually a legit concern).

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 AM

this actually came off my ae86 levin race car.

i was going to put it on my s2k but changed my mind-since its my daily driver.

if i was boosting then i'd have a more legitimate reason to run the cooler even as a daily. however i do know of some owners that are running a oil cooler on a daily driver/weekend warrior-they haven't experienced any issues with 'over cooling' and its side effects (sludging). this unit is fairly compact in size and the lines are a little over 2.5ft in length.

A drop in oil pressure is very minimal due to the size etc.-when running the unit on the 4ag engine there was no noticeable dip in oil pressure and the unit ran as designed. Although I do know some people will argue the 4ag engine was engineered with a stock oil cooler compared to the s2000 which does not have that feature. The engine in the ae86 was pulled from a high compression 'red top' fwd platform, that did not have the oil cooler. i ran a oil filter relocation kit and tapped into the return lines going back to the block for my n/a setup. In that scenario I would have expected the oil pressure to at show a minimal drop in pressure to to the lengthy lines to the oil filter relocator then to the oil cooler and back-but there was no evidence it hinder performance in any way.

I'd like others to chime in and voice their opinions regarding running the oil cooler so you have a better understanding if this product can benefit you. Because after all i've said my honest answer is that i'm really not sure (when utilizing this for your setup). I don't want to give you any false assurance, the opinions and advice above are from my experience. And to be honest, i'm a 4ag guy at heart despite the fact I love my honda to death.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by jkuamoo,Aug 14 2008, 06:00 AM
Although I do know some people will argue the 4ag engine was engineered with a stock oil cooler compared to the s2000 which does not have that feature.
the f20/22 came w/ a factory oil cooler. its the small cylindrical piece that you thread the oil filter up against (between filter and block). its basically just a small heat exchanger, so not nearly as efficient as this piece. i think that this setup would result in negligible difference in oil pressure considering our motors were also engineered w/ oil cooler in mind AND b/c this is such a small piece. i think when i get around to doing this same setup i will delete the factory oil cooler, or reroute the oil so it doesn't fill that space, just to ensure a negligible drop in oil pressure.

for a great piece. if i had the $ i'd pick it up. good luck w/ sale!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:41 AM

thanks for the input, any kind of info is appreciated!

if i can't sell ill prob throw it on my S, eventually...
Old 08-17-2008, 06:23 PM

very good deal!