Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS\FT: Invidia cat-back exhaust for 00-03

Old 10-17-2004, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS\FT: Invidia cat-back exhaust for 00-03

I bought this exhaust about a month ago and am looking to sell it and go back to stock or get something quieter. It's a little too loud for me so I'm either looking for a quiet exhaust (Comptech,Fujitsubo: I will pay $ for the difference) or just cash. I'm asking $450 obo. I really don't want to ship but I will meet halfway with anyone that is somewhat close. I am in central jersey.

Here's pics

Old 10-18-2004, 07:21 AM

Yo ryan.......If you think the exhaust is too loud but you like the look of it, (I love it) and want to keep it stop buy my house and I can make it quieter for you. I have a welder and can put a resoniator on it for you. I still have the one that don gave me off of his exhaust. Or I can get them brand new for like 30 bucks. I just spent like 13 hrs making a full exhaust for sal's crx out of the Apex-i. It was so loud at first so we bought resonators from midas and welded them in. It sounds almost like the S did and it is not that loud. Well just trying to help you out. Let me know if you need help. I wont charge you to do the work. You will have to buy a 30 $ resonator or I can give you my old one that is still perfect........
Kenny
Old 10-18-2004, 01:44 PM

Awesome, you're the man. The one thing making me not want to sell it is the look of it, I love it too. I want it to sound almost like stock but just be a little more throatier. I think the mufflers are just too short and they hardly do anything. Maybe if I buy one of those oval resonators it will quiet it up a bit. Did you and sal put a round or oval resonator on his? Did it make a big difference?
Old 10-18-2004, 02:58 PM

We put round resonators on sals.........But you can get a good magniflow one and I will weld it on where mine was. If you get the oval one I think it will be quieter then the round one. The ones that are on sals car is a skinny resonator. Let me know what you want to do........I wonder how the invida sound compared to the Spugen Ti????? See if you can order a magniflow resonator from somewhere at it will only take 1/2 hour to put on.....
Kenny
Old 10-18-2004, 05:35 PM

have you tried them with the silencers on???
Old 10-18-2004, 07:43 PM

is that 450 shipped?
Old 10-18-2004, 08:27 PM

"have you tried them with the silencers on???"

Not yet, from what I hear there's not much of a difference.

Price is without shipping, I don't really want to ship it though.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:22 PM

wow u think its loud? i think its quiet and gives a nice sound like a sports car should sound like...
Old 10-19-2004, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by YeLLoWs2knVA,Oct 19 2004, 01:22 AM
wow u think its loud? i think its quiet and gives a nice sound like a sports car should sound like...
Yes I think it's loud, under 5000 rpms atleast. There is no way you could possibly consider the exhaust quiet unless you are comparing it to a Harley or open header. It sounds nice and what a sports car should sound like when revving in VTEC territory. When I can't talk to the person in the passenger seat while driving around town (2000-4000 rpms) I know it's too loud.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:05 AM

how long have you had this exhaust? I've had mine for about 2-3 months, and it is no longer loud to me...

Im either going deaf or im just used to it. I think its the 2nd one but then again my gf always bitches that i never listen to her when realistically i never hear her

Quick Reply: FS\FT: Invidia cat-back exhaust for 00-03