Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Volk GT-C 18" wheels

Old 07-02-2003, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Up for sale are my Volk GT-C wheels in 18". The fronts are 7.5" and the rears are 8.0", perfect offsets for the S2000.

I have a set of Falken GR-B FK451 tires fitted. 225/40/18 Fronts are at about 60% tread and the rears (255/35/18) are not worth shipping to you. I would remove them before they were sent to save on shipping. These tires never saw the race track...just road use.

The are in excellent condition. The front left rim outer has some curb rash from when I accidentally ran up against the curb at the bank (only cosmetic). I personally never got it fixed as I thought it too minor to worry about. You could just sand the scratches out and repolish that section. However, if you did want to get it fixed to like new, all you would need is the outer ring as these are two piece wheels. The other wheels have no damage. All wheels are true and balance perfectly with no dents etc. They come with hubcentric rings, wheelnuts and wheel tool. No centercaps.

They are approx. 11 months old. I will ship any way you please, but the buyer pays actual shipping costs. Or pick them up for free.

These wheels and tires were over $2900 when new. A set of 4 Falken FK451 tires are $604 including shipping (plus fitting at about $6-9 a wheel), but you'd only need to replace the rear tires and they are $172 each with free shipping at Discount Tire Direct.

These are priced at $1500 plus shipping for a quick sale I'm located in Detroit for local pickup. Also, I have photos to email if you'd like to see them on the car, including the curb damaged wheel.

Cheers,
Old 07-02-2003, 02:59 PM

i have the same rims, same size, only mine have a gunmetal center.... they are awesome, i love them... everybody that stops to look at my S2K always comments about the rims...
Old 07-02-2003, 04:14 PM

They look beautiful. What color is that? Titanium Silver or Mercury Silver?
Old 07-02-2003, 06:43 PM

Heres a pic of the rims. But i have type II face on the backs.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:27 PM

What's the difference between Type I and II face? Nice wheels Wamus. What's the offset and any rubbing?
Old 07-03-2003, 05:17 AM

The wheels I have for sale are the silver with polished lip. They are Type 1 all around. Offsets +45 front and +55 rear? Does that sound right? I have no rubbing issues. The type II are the style that look like they are inset at the hub and then taper out toward the rim edge.

A cross section of the wheel face on the Type II looks like this (right side wheel):

X--------X
X-------X
X------X
X-----!
X-----!
X-----!
X------X
X-------X
X--------X

Type I is a 'flat' wheel. I chose the Type I because the S2000 doesn't have huge fenders. Although I like both types of wheels, I personally feel the Type 2 is more suited to a car that has 'wide body' rear fender extensions (look at the Veilside Supra for example). The type 1's have a nice amount of dish to them, as I seem to recall.....a little more than the Type II.

Either way, it's a matter of personal preference!!!

If anybody wants pictures emailed to them of the wheels on my car, I'm happy to send them to you!

For what it's worth, I do get heaps of compliments on my wheels, and car in general. I know I'm biased, but these wheels really do suit the S2000!
Old 07-03-2003, 01:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2quick4U
[B]i have the same rims, same size, only mine have a gunmetal center.... they are awesome, i love them... everybody that stops to look at my S2K always comments about the rims...
Old 07-06-2003, 07:02 PM

The wheels are two piece. forged aluminum.

I will sell these wheels and two front tires for $1600...please PM me if interested.

For those that requested photos, I will email them out Monday morning by 10am EST.

Cheers,
Old 07-06-2003, 07:15 PM
SaV

Do you want to trade for 18" CE28Ns in Titanium Silver? Only the rims, no tires.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:04 AM

No thanks, I'm not interested in a trade - although the CE28n's are awesome rims. Nothing personal........Which brings me to the reason as to why I am selling my wheels. My car is a lease, and it gets turned back in December. I figured that I'd have a larger market for my wheels during the summer, so that's why they are advertised now.

For a quick sale, I have reduced the price to $1500 plus shipping. I also have photos if anybody would like to see them. Please include your email address if you'd like photos so I can email them to you.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: FS: Volk GT-C 18" wheels