Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Mugen header

Old 07-10-2005, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt
Old 07-10-2005, 09:15 AM

$750

-JD
Old 07-11-2005, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by oatnet,Jul 10 2005, 09:15 AM
$750

-JD
As I said in the PM, there is a higher offer in place so I will have to decline.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2005, 01:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oatnet,Jul 10 2005, 12:15 PM
$750

-JD
If you are too cheap to buy, just dont buy it.

Whats the point of lowballing when the seller stated at the very beginning that he wanted to let it go for 900USD?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Xplosiv,Jul 11 2005, 01:18 AM
If you are too cheap to buy, just dont buy it.

Whats the point of lowballing when the seller stated at the very beginning that he wanted to let it go for 900USD?
Check this out, a buyer getting crap for making an offer.

Gee, let me explain to you how sales work - it is called haggling. The seller lists a firm no-haggle price, or instead a target price s/he would GET in an ideal world. Then a buyer places an offer of what they would expect to PAY in THEIR ideal world. Sometimes they work out a point inbetween and a deal is made - sometimes not.

Note that the seller did not say it was $900 firm - inviting offers. I made an offer of $725 in PM. The seller said in PM that he had a better offer. As I was going through stuff for sale I made another, HIGHER, offer on a whim.

As for 'too cheap' - that ad-hominum attack was uncalled for - you don't know me. Yes, I like to buy things at a price where I can minimize the loss when I resell them when I am done with them - down here we call that Wisdom.

As for 'lowballing', to me this looks pretty well used - 7k when the seller got it, and no mention of how many additional miles, but it looks pretty not-new and yes miles matter because they directly translate to metal fatigue in the base metal and the welds, resulting from heat cycling, pressure cycling, rotation and movement in normal usage, etc. It is missing the lower retaining bracket and the heat shield, which I want and would cost me additional to purchase. Accordingly, in my wallets opinion, $750 is a pretty good price and in the neighborhood of what I have seen others in similar condition list for here. Maybe it is worth more to you. Which brings up few good points:

1) If it is such a good deal, why don't YOU buy it? Oh, you don't need one? Then you aren't really a customer, and you can't really evaluate how many of your hard-earned dollars you would throw at it, now can you?

2) If $900 is such a great price, why hasn't it sold already? Maybe because there is room to HAGGLE?

I understand you sticking up for your freind, but all you really have to offer in this thread is that he is a reliable human. If you aren't buying, you can't really lend much to the value side of the discussion - so go take a piss on someone else, eh?

-JD
Old 07-11-2005, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said.

I wish I had the $$$
Old 07-11-2005, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by oatnet,Jul 11 2005, 08:26 AM
Check this out, a buyer getting crap for making an offer.

Gee, let me explain to you how sales work - it is called haggling. The seller lists a firm no-haggle price, or instead a target price s/he would GET in an ideal world. Then a buyer places an offer of what they would expect to PAY in THEIR ideal world. Sometimes they work out a point inbetween and a deal is made - sometimes not.

Note that the seller did not say it was $900 firm - inviting offers. I made an offer of $725 in PM. The seller said in PM that he had a better offer. As I was going through stuff for sale I made another, HIGHER, offer on a whim.

As for 'too cheap' - that ad-hominum attack was uncalled for - you don't know me. Yes, I like to buy things at a price where I can minimize the loss when I resell them when I am done with them - down here we call that Wisdom.

As for 'lowballing', to me this looks pretty well used - 7k when the seller got it, and no mention of how many additional miles, but it looks pretty not-new and yes miles matter because they directly translate to metal fatigue in the base metal and the welds, resulting from heat cycling, pressure cycling, rotation and movement in normal usage, etc. It is missing the lower retaining bracket and the heat shield, which I want and would cost me additional to purchase. Accordingly, in my wallets opinion, $750 is a pretty good price and in the neighborhood of what I have seen others in similar condition list for here. Maybe it is worth more to you. Which brings up few good points:

1) If it is such a good deal, why don't YOU buy it? Oh, you don't need one? Then you aren't really a customer, and you can't really evaluate how many of your hard-earned dollars you would throw at it, now can you?

2) If $900 is such a great price, why hasn't it sold already? Maybe because there is room to HAGGLE?

I understand you sticking up for your freind, but all you really have to offer in this thread is that he is a reliable human. If you aren't buying, you can't really lend much to the value side of the discussion - so go take a piss on someone else, eh?

-JD
Man some people just love to low ball, I understand it but still don't really like it. The brand new price is $1300 USD plus shipping from King so I think $900 USD shipped is a pretty sweet deal.

--SALE PENDING--

For $800 to another buyer!