Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Engine Head/Block etc. (spun #4 bearing)

Old 09-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Engine Head/Block etc. (spun #4 bearing)

Name: Jim Milne
Phone: 203-953-sixteen-eightyseven
e-mail: pinky1976ATgmail dot com

Definitely needs to be re-sleeved and probably the crank re-worked/replaced. I haven't separated the head but the bore scope told me all I needed to know after hearing and metallic ticking of a spun bearing.

Asking $500 OBO for the top and bottom(with water pump). No valve cover. I have the engine harness, intake manifold, fuel rail, alternator, A/C & condenser, '00 ECU etc. as well as other assorted parts but those are all separate from this price. Definitely can work out a package price if interested.

The head is in great condition(for its age 111K '00) no dropped retainers or bent valves. I put in a TimeSert into the #2 spark plug hole it backed itself out. Has worked great ever since.

Block VIN matches my car for any cross verification if necessary.(will give bill of sale and copy of my registration)

It's up on my engine stand now drained the oil and coolant out. Would like to get this out of my garage by the end of the month.

If you want it shipped to you arrangements must be made by you. Prefer local pickup. I have a hoist so can easily drop it into a truck or other vehicle as long as there is room to fit.

Jim
Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Reduced price.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone is interested in the block, lets work out a deal. I'd like to get the head/cams/cam cap assembly....everything else can go with the block.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:20 AM

how much for just the head? thanks
Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

If I have to separate it and ship it. $500 shipped anywhere in the CONUS US including PP Fees.

After words I will essentially have a huge paperweight!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much you want for the block? All I need is the bare block and girdle shipped to 13669 NY.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Ok, I thought about it overnight and could do $450 shipped CONUS for the HEAD complete with cams etc. Essentially just back out the bolts holding those down and the bolts from head to block. Undo that timing chain and it should come right off NO? I have never done it before I am sure I am capable just want to make sure I don't mess anything up. Though I need a commitment for the bottom 1/2 before I separate.

neeman77 if someone wants the head for the $450 I KNOW that we can work something out. Shipping I would need you to make the arrangements for transportation. It's just to big to bring down to have boxed up and shipped out. Though I would need commitments with a small down payment from each to assure I don't have someone tugging my chain(again). Burned 2x already and not interested in a 3rd time.

I have someone that is willing to take the entire engine(as a backup for when he is ready to re-build) but it's a low ball offer, though I don't have to ship it. I need to have this gone by the end of the month or I will just take the low ball offer.

Thanks for your time everyone.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Gotta be someone around that wants this.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 PM

The block will cost about $40 to ship if it's bare.....ship blocks all the time. Trust me.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Cool well H4RD ON I might hit you up if these people want to pull the triggers.

Quick Reply: Engine Head/Block etc. (spun #4 bearing)