Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Complete suzuka VAFC V1 package w/ harness and radio door and frame. $450

Old 01-13-2004, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All purchased recently but I've got new plans...

* New, never used Apexi Version 1 VAFC, still in original box.
* New, never used suzuka blue radio door AND frame with cut-out specifically for the V1. The V2 will not fit this door, it's sized differently. You will need to use the spring from your stock door, otherwise, you're good to go. When (or should I say IF) you decide to sell your car, you can remove this entire blue frame, replace with the OEM and resell the entire package for a nice chunk of change.
* Complete harness, ready to plug n' play. All connections are top notch but ONLY as a result of the buyer being a wiring guru. When he originally purchased it from an online vendor, it was a mess and wired incorrectly. The owner completely rebuilt the harness to the point where it probably is one of the nicest ones available. Done the RIGHT way. I won't reveal the name of the vendor who sold it originally (they're not one of our sponsors) but suffice to say, it is now fully operational and wired CORRECTLY. I can personally vouch for the quality. Few, if any, are built this nicely.
I had a full install and dyno time scheduled in late January but I've decided to pursue another project totally unrelated to the S2000 and I want to free up the capital I had set aside for this project and move on to the work-related one.
With I/A/E and other mods, you should expect between 5-8hp across the board with peak hp gains depending on the quality of the tuning and modifications already in place. I've seen peak #'s as high as 12-13 near redline. This, of course, varies from car to car. You might get less across the board ponies, you could very well get more.
Not interested in selling separately at this time or making any "profit" (I'm actually selling this package for less than what I indivdually paid for it) so I'm letting it go for $450 plus shipping which I think is quite reasonable.
For suzuka owners, this is a no-hassle way to get your VAFC installed the RIGHT way with a clean look, do-it-yourself connection but most of all, CORRECT wiring. Some harnesses are better built than others. I've read the horror stories. Few will be as nicely wired as this you can pretty much bet on it. The guy who rebuilt it (local S2000 owner) does this stuff in his sleep.
It's quite simple to get this up and running properly thanks to the custom cut radio door and harness. Simply connect the harness to your ECU, the other end to the VAFC, the VAFC to the installed radio door and schedule yourself a few hours of dyno time.
I was going to EBay this one but will give s2ki.com suzuka owners first dibs. If you've done gears, pulleys, intake, exhaust, etc...and are looking for that extra "oomph," this is the way to go short of forced induction.