Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Cobalt Brake Pads For Endless / J's Racing 6 POT

Old 11-06-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you guys know who makes the pads for the BBKs? obviously they are branded J's, Endless, T1R, but any idea whose compounds they are?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by my2ks2k,Nov 6 2008, 10:09 AM
do you guys know who makes the pads for the BBKs? obviously they are branded J's, Endless, T1R, but any idea whose compounds they are?
Endless makes the compound for the Endless/J's Racing caliper since afterall, that is what they do. I don't know about the T1R.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Seido-Ya is what J's racing uses. They are extremely expensive and hard to get a hold of!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob.ok,Nov 6 2008, 02:07 PM
Seido-Ya is what J's racing uses. They are extremely expensive and hard to get a hold of!
looks like i'm gonna have to invest in some rosetta stone
Old 11-06-2008, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by rob.ok,Nov 6 2008, 11:07 AM
Ah, didn't know that.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can vouch for Cobalt...I use the GT-S and they've been great. AS rob stated, complaints came from mis-use and/or misinformation by cobalt. However, they work exactly as they were designed to work.

Good luck with the project Rob....and hope you have fun @ TH
Old 11-08-2008, 01:55 PM

Update!

Fitment is perfect. The total pad thickness will be 17mm. That's a 2 mm increase over other replacements and a 20% increase in pad life. The XR1 & XR3 combo I ran is way to aggressive! It worked fine but it was very hard to modulate the pedal and ABS kicked in if you were not careful. XR2 & XR5 should be a perfect match (it'll be awhile till I can test this combo cause I broke a rim ) If you want to try a more aggressive rear pad there the XR4 and XR3 (XR3 may be too aggressive but testing will confirm).

Pad life is awesome. After a full day at Thunderhill there is barley any ware on the pads The Combo I ran was a little harder on the rotors but not bad at all considering the torque curve and initial bite.

I'll be contacting Cobalt this week and to get everything finalized so they should be available soon.

I'll update with the progress soon but for now how about some pictures....

And the broken rim I drove 4 hours to the track, raced all day, drove 4 hours home and 2 blocks from my house the drivers rear caliper broke off the knuckle and got jammed between the rotor and the rim. Still not sure what happened yet but looks like I'm out of the game for a while...Probable need a new knuckle & caliper not to mention a new rim that will take 3-6 months to get.
This is what happens when the caliper breaks off ......
Old 12-07-2008, 11:01 AM

Round 2 of testing...

I will be at BW on Dec. 22nd. Come on out and say hello
Old 04-28-2009, 11:32 AM

Hey Rob,

Where do these stand? I need to order new pads. I destroyed my CC-X this last weekend. 350 miles of hard braking will do that.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Apr 28 2009, 12:32 PM
Hey Rob,

Were do these stand? I need to order new pads. I destroyed my CC-X this last weekend. 350 miles of hard braking will do that.
They should be good to go.

Here is the part number: CRB.XR?.EL1/17.0mm

The question mark is for the compound....XR1, XR2, XR3 and so on. I believe you have to have an account in order to buy them directly from Cobalt but give them a call anyways. If not just give the part number to your retailer.

Just be sure to order them at 17mm. My original sets came at 20mm due to a communication error. Andy should have changed the total thickness....but I have not ordered any more yet. Still on my first set and I think I will be for another 10+ days (probably more....the 5 days I have on them already has not even made a dent!)

They are still a custom order....so there will be a delay. I'm not sure what the pricing will be...I paid $5 more than OEM fitment...but I also had to order multiple sets.

I like the XR1 compound a LOT now....XR2 would probably be a better match. I would also run a matched set front and rear.

Stay away from water with the rear wheels...if its raining at the track oil up your wheels. The compound will stick to the wheels. The rears are really the only ones that you have to worry about cause the solid rotor heat up the wheel so much. XR3 is the worst in this aspect. XR1 in the front...in full rain...for 2 full days at BW more or less took me 20mis per wheel to remove, lots of elbow grease. No damage. The rear XR3 material had to be scraped off...no damage but a real pain in the ass. Must of taken me over an hour per wheel. Then again how often does it rain??? Who besides me like tracking in the rain??? IMO it not a problem.

You'll have to change them out if you're planning on going for an extend drive. They stop fine on the streets but they grind really bad when not up to temp. They will eat your rotors. On the track though the rotor wear is much better than any other pad I've use but they have to be HOT.

If you have any troubles let me know. I can order them for you....I have an account with them.....no more ordering from retailers Then again....maybe that's why they were so cheap

Quick Reply: Cobalt Brake Pads For Endless / J's Racing 6 POT