Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Cobalt Brake Pads For Endless / J's Racing 6 POT

Old 08-22-2008, 08:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cobalt Brake Pads For Endless / J's Racing 6 POT

If you own an Endless 6 POT compact mini BBK, J's Racing BBK, T1R or any other caliper that is similar listen to this....

I am sick and tired of trying to get and find pads for my J's BBK. The cost and down time is outrageous! Getting simple items such as brake pads for our calipers from Japan is becoming a massive problem!

Now for the good news...

I have been talking to Cobalt Friction Technologies, Inc. about tooling new backing pates for our calipers identical with the original / manufactures plates. This would mean that there would be a wide variety of options at a much cheaper price and with out all the down time.

Heres the catch....

I have to make a minimum order to have new backing plates created. I am going to go through with the process as it will still be cheaper than buying directly from Japan. I will also be doing some testing with a few compounds in order to find best match for our specific braking systems (front 6 pot and solid OEM sized rear rotors).
However, I would like to provide Cobalt with a list of people that would be interested in purchasing these pads either now or in the near future and generate some interest amongst other Endless / J's Racing owners. So if you have one of these calipers put you name on the list. It is not a commitment to buy, but rather your identifying your self as a potential customer for Cobalt products & services regarding this application. This is an excellent opportunity for all. Cobalt will be able to capture our business since no other U.S manufacture that currently makes these pads and we will be able to use race proven parts that that can be acquired at a better price point and with out all the down time

Pricing for these products will vary depending on the compounds used and the size / actual amount of product used. Our pads are not quite as large as other racing calipers so I'm hoping that the pricing will be outstanding in comparison to the current supply of Japanese products from Endless or Seido-Ya.
If you are interested in getting in on the buy with me please post here or PM me. I will keep you updated with the progress. It would be good to have a few of us testing so that we can spread the word

I am not here to promote Cobalt. I do not have any affiliation nor am I receiving any services in trying to generate interest in their products for our applications. I am only trying to get the absolute best products for my own car. Hopefully others will be able to benefit from the experince and appreciate it.
I have chosen them because of their excellent reputation and service. Its truly top notch Please do your own research regarding Cobalt, it will be no surprise why I went to them for a solution

I will keep a running list of people that are interested and keep the second post that I have reserved updated with new and current information about the process including some approximate pricing once I hear back from Cobalt.

Here is a photo of the pads and backing plates for our calipers. I have extra pads to send off to Cobalt for templating purposes and I will be handling all of the ordering and manufacturing process with them directly.

Note: The Endless 4 pot caliper also uses the same pads. If you know anyone with this caliper (RX7, Impreza, Integra, & and many others) please point them this way. I will also be contacting other boards to see if any one is interested as well. If you know anyone that has these 6 pot or 4 pot please send them a link. I can assure you that they are fed up with this pad situation and if they are not, they soon will be when they try to buy replacements. This will pay off big time in the end. We need to finally get an American company to make replacement pads for our "JDM" applications.

Please visit Cobalt Friction Technologies, Inc. for more information on pad compounds.

EDIT; clarification and updates
Old 08-22-2008, 08:50 AM

Interested In This Figment For The S2000 With Endless / J's Racing / T1R Calipers.

1. Voodoo_S2K
2. Sinji
3. S2X

Old 08-22-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's weird. When I spoke to Cobalt many moons ago about getting pads made for the Endless/J's calipers, they didn't mention any minimal order amount.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interested depending on cost...
Old 08-22-2008, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Aug 22 2008, 10:52 AM
That's weird. When I spoke to Cobalt many moons ago about getting pads made for the Endless/J's calipers, they didn't mention any minimal order amount.
Really?
Well I did confirm that they do not have these backing plates and in order to set up the tooling to make new ones there is a charge. but they said that for a minimal order that fee would be waived. Its a great opportunity for everyone, its just going to be a PITA to get it set up and rolling.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 AM

I'm interested, but not sure on my time frame as my CC-X's are pretty new and my MA22B's are brand new.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:58 AM
S2X
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinji,Aug 22 2008, 09:58 AM
interested depending on cost...
Old 08-22-2008, 01:46 PM

I have updated the first post.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the effort, btw.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:35 PM

Tooling of the new pads is set to begin mid next week. I should have some updates soon.

Hopefully they will be ready for testing at Buttonwillow on Sept 26th. Come buy and say hi if your there Just look for 2 Silverstone s2ks in a garage.

BTW it looks like there is additional caliper to rotor clearance with our particular application and there is a possibly that the pads can be made slightly thicker than any current Japanese replacement pads. It looks like the compound thickness could be increased 2-4mm which means the Cobalt pads could last up to 20-40% longer (according to my math) This of course is in regard to the material thickness only and not the compound composition.
Note; This is only an initial analyzes, more details on this possibly will be given later, so stay tuned!

Quick Reply: Cobalt Brake Pads For Endless / J's Racing 6 POT