Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

cf oem style hardtop PROJECT CLOSED

Old 10-03-2004, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if someone says that the mugen ht does not look good or that the OEM looks better is having pure for his breakfast everyday and is geting retarded.i am not a friend of mugen at all, (its like AMG for MB) but that HT rockzzzzz
Old 10-03-2004, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are some that thinks the mugen looks bad. or alittle ricey. i don't mind it. i think it looks great.

but the thing is that mugen already makes a carbon fiber hardtop. like some said above. "if i wanted a mugen cf hardtop then i would just buy a mugen carbonfiber hardtop."

COSTS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND FOR THIS
APPROXIMITLY 3000 for the mold

And may cost around 4k-5k not 2700 as i originally said
that is cost excluding shipping. shipping may cost around 400. 300 just for the regular shippng and 100 for supplies so the top will get to you as it came to me. bubble and foam wrapped the big box etc.

i have no clue on how many poeple will buy these for 4500-5500 and just a fyi i know i wouldn't buy one altho it would look like an excellent piece i would have just gone amuse or mugen.

PROJECT CLOSED
SORRY to everyone interested. i'll think of something better that won't cost an arm and a leg and maybe a testicle
Old 10-03-2004, 08:38 AM

There was a guy in St. Louis who was looking into the same project last year. Same claims (OEM style CF top for under $3k). I don't know what happened with his project, but you might try looking for those old threads to see if you can find out what happened.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:56 AM

i had someone try to do this with my hardtop. i let him borrow it, and he was gonna give me a carbon fiber hardtop for lettin him borrow my hardtop for three months. three months turned into six months, and six months turned into twelve. the hardtop was sent to some company in japan (why they didn't just get one over there...i have no idea), or so he says. then the company that was doing it copied the hardtop exactly like that oem. then, honda found out, and sued them...they lost. my hardtop came back after one year. it was so stupid. i'd suggest not even copying that oem. someone should come up with their own design, and just market that top. going from oem is also stealing honda's design which imo (even more now than ever) is dumb. they work on their design, and invest probably $100,000+ just to get it right, and then someone goes and just makes a mold, and makes their own money. what i'm trying to say is that it's very hard to come up with a carbon fiber hardtop for anything less than what mugen sells it for. if you're just trying to make a one-of for yourself, that's different...what i'm talking about is making it in quantities of a group buy. i'm late for work...please don't copy honda's design. i already feel stupid for trying to do it, and regret it.

if this isn't gonna happen, i'm gonna lock this thread.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, but don't think I didn't warn you guys from the beginning that a project like this takes a big investment to pull off.