Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

AEM 4-Channel C2DI Ignition System

Old 04-24-2004, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM 4-Channel C2DI Ignition System

I have a spare AEM C2DI ignition system that is brand new in the box. It has never been used. The box contains all of the wiring, instructions, harnesses, etc.

I bought an extra one because I placed the order thinking they were in stock, when in fact they were on back order. I later found a company whom had them in stock, and I purchased another one to get the ignition system faster.

I have one of these installed on my turbocharged S2000, and it was a huge improvement over stock. Idle is very strong and stable, as it has a "multi-strike" capability where it sparks up to 10 times per cycle at low RPM.

Running higher boost levels the car is much more repeatable and predictable. I did 9 dyno runs at 23 psi back to back within a minute of each other, and every time the curve was perfectly the same. (I kept losing traction on the dyno, thats why I did 9 runs)

I have information and experience on how to install this sytem on the S2000, which I am willing to discuss with the buyer.

I am asking $265 shipped

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Chris Barnes
Old 04-24-2004, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any benefit with a NA S2K?
Old 04-24-2004, 11:41 PM

Chris,, Did you use Race fuel to run at 23 psi.. And what would be my benefit with my set up.. I am at 16 psi.. with the AEM,, well you know the rest of my set up..
Old 04-25-2004, 05:11 AM

With the way that I have the system setup you are basically required to have an AEM EMS. However, it is possible to wire it in with a stock ECU and individual coil pack similar to the stock setup.

Here are the advantages:

1) There is a small power gain. I am not sure how to measure this however, because I did alot of things to the car at once to get the power figure that I got. Basically this system produces a more powerful spark that allows you to run a larger plug gap which in turn burns more of the fuel each cycle.

2) Fouling spark plugs (due to a bad tune) is basically impossible. This system will burn fuel in even in super rich conditions. (9:1 and lower)

3) Stronger idle

4) It's relatively small, and more powerful than the MSD systems out there. This is basically two MSD boxes in one, and somehow it's even smaller than just one MSD box. It has two capacitors in it, so effectively you have one capaciter per 2 cylinders.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris
Old 04-25-2004, 05:32 AM

With the setup I have AEM and motec. What else would I need.. Then how do I, well not me but a pro to install it..I will be running at 16 PSI 93 oct..
Old 04-25-2004, 05:51 AM

Well basically if you duplicated my setup you'd be running wasted spark, so you'd need 2 coil packs, and 2 coil pack adapter plactes. The adapter plates hook up to the coil pack, and has wires which hook up to the amplifier. The amplifier is wired to ECU harness. Then you hook up your power wires to the battery.

The way I have mine setup you need spark plug wires, which I had to get custom made. If I were to do it over again, I would go with the individual coil setup which others have done. This reduces your costs to about $100 in addition to the unit.

Chris
Old 04-25-2004, 03:56 PM

So with your part cost and the other parts, wich is the way you recomend now what I'm I looking at more or less, I wont quote you..just a ball park..and how long to instal more or less so i wont be overcharged by a tech..
Old 04-25-2004, 04:54 PM

Probably 5 hours to install. If you do it the way I have mine setup it will cost about $250 in additional parts. I have an idea on how to setup the amplifier with individual coil packs (like stock) which would cost about $100 in additional parts, but I am not certain that it will work...

Chris
Old 04-25-2004, 05:00 PM

Wow 5 hours,, I will talk to my installer to see.. I will let you know..
Old 04-25-2004, 05:09 PM

any pics of your ignition system setup chris?
how big is the cdi? where do you place it in the car

Quick Reply: AEM 4-Channel C2DI Ignition System