Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

'03 F20C block and heads

Old 02-05-2004, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an "03 engine for sale. It has sustained an oil starvation failure of (as yet) unknown origin since it was full of oil at the failure. It started knocking and I pulled over to check the oil. It was full. I had it towed to the dealer and AHM denied warranty saying that the engine sustained oil starvation. Damage so far has been diagnosed as crankshaft bearing scarring. Camshaft journal scarring. I have opted to have an independent shop install a new engine and am now offering this engine for sale. It may or may not be rebuildable. However, I believe that many or the parts are rebuildable. The cylinder head should be rebuildable EXCLUDING the cam shafts. The valves are perfect. The cams are toast, but if someone wants them, I'll include them. The short block is iffy. The crankshaft threw out a thrust washer and that's where the knocking noise originated. I haven't inspected the cylinder bores yet as I'm waiting for the shop to complete with installing the new engine. I expect the bores to show little to no damage so the block should be salvageable. The rods should be fine. The pistons may even be fine. I'm sure that the main bearings will need to be replaced. I would recommend that if someone is interested in these parts, they should expect to be able to reuse the cylinder head without the cams. They would also expect be able to reuse the basic block and discard the crank(the crank MAY be rebuildable). I would also expect to replace the cylinder liners at the worst. This was NOT a catastrophic failure in that as soon as the knocking was heard, the engine was shutoff. It never overheated, leaked oil(blown seal), or suffer an oil pan puncture. The cylinder head would be a great base for someone interested in a high performance upgrade in that the head could be ported and flow benched with newer cams. Actually, the head only has damage to the journals and cams, AND, it's fairly minimal. A good head shop can make this head better than stock.
Make me a REASONABLE for any parts you are interested in.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please note: Since I am bringing legal action against Honda regarding this engine, I will NOT be able to offer it for sale at this time. (Wish I could lock this thread).