JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

what is the best Ecu to use for my06-DBW

Old 10-08-2007, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best Ecu to use for my06-DBW

good day guys,
i have an 06 s2000 with gutted airbox and knn filter upgrade. hondata img, 4.4 final gear. drive shaft shop propeller shaft. act clutch kit and flywheel. megan headers, test pipe, 2.5 cat back exhaust single canister (custom made mandrel bend) with an oem style muffler, ricks pulley kit, engine torq dampner. i have a 2 way kaaz lsd that i havent installed yet coz i want to buy an upgraded reinforced differential, and i dont have the money for the installation yet. and i would like to buy an ecu stand alone or piggy back to optimize the power of the engine. i was gonna go with a hondata reflash but i have to change my whole engine set up and i dont want to do that.

i want to know which is the best ecu upgrade to use on this type of setup. greddy emanage, AEM EMS, vafc, etc.

i want the best possible ecu i can get with out sacrificing reliability and streetabilty. thanks for all your expert and knowledgable advice.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hondata flash is the best you can get that meets your requirement. These are the only parts that matter as far as tuning goes. "megan headers, test pipe, 2.5 cat back exhaust single canister"

The change the stock tuning in the ECU.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster,Oct 8 2007, 08:56 PM
Hondata flash is the best you can get that meets your requirement. These are the only parts that matter as far as tuning goes. "megan headers, test pipe, 2.5 cat back exhaust single canister"

The change the stock tuning in the ECU.
so what type of headers test pipe and cat back should i get?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:12 AM

Why would you have to change your whole engine setup to run Hondata? Are you reffering to the DBW(switching to cable)?? Even then I believe they have already found a way around that issue. You wil ot have to "change" your engine parts just to run a Hondata system in your car. He was aying that those parts are the only ting that will elp your dyno numbers...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please Read Here Before Posting in UTH next time.

Moved.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:13 AM

ok my bad. you can delete this post. and thanks for the input guys. have a nice day.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by The Twanksta,Oct 9 2007, 11:12 AM
Why would you have to change your whole engine setup to run Hondata? Are you reffering to the DBW(switching to cable)?? Even then I believe they have already found a way around that issue. You wil ot have to "change" your engine parts just to run a Hondata system in your car. He was aying that those parts are the only ting that will elp your dyno numbers...
There is more than one ECU from Hondata. Kpro and OEM ECU Flash.

The KPro is for 00-05 cars only.
The flash is for 06-07 cars.

So basicly he would have to send his ECU to Hondata, and they would in turn change the programing in the ECU to meet his needs.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 11:41 AM

i contacted hondata and heres what they said.

"While we will not create custom tunes for any other combinations of bolt on parts, other headers will probably be ok. You should always dyno the engine with the reflash to make sure the air/fuel is within a safe range. If the header does not work then your options are to switch to a Toda header or return your ECU to stock."

to me this sounds very risky. and may cost me a lot of money just incase my engine upgrade didnt match with the ecu reflash by hondata.

how about emanage ultimate? would this be abe to change my redline form 8000 to 8500 like the hondata reflash?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 PM

would the emanage ultimate even work? i think u need a special wiring harness and even then u have to splice through the tps?
some1 confirm plz.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:43 PM

If Im not mistaken you can get AEM EMS both piggy back AND a full stand-alone now for the DBW cars. Although at a high price of 2400 the last time I checked for the standalone.

Quick Reply: what is the best Ecu to use for my06-DBW