JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Type_d J's racing/T1R/Spoon s2k build

Old 09-15-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type_d J's racing/T1R/Spoon s2k build

Ok well im in the market of building up my s2k and there were a bunch of thing that I really wanted to do but wasn
Old 09-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The J's heatshield is for their Engine Torque Damper.

As far as I know (from many different people), the Front x-brace will help the car to be more stable over bumpy surfaces, but other than that the other braces (strut braces, rear braces, etc.) don't really do anything.

As for the three parts you listed at the end, here's what they do:

J's Racing SPL Pillowball Bump Steer Kit: Installs in the rear suspension, fixes the bump steer problem in the rear and allows you to dial in more toe, and thus more camber (I think caster too, not sure) in a lowered S2000

J's Racing SPL Pillowball Steering rod end: Replacement rod ends for the pillowball bump steer kit (they wear out, as to all rod ends)

T1R Front Anti-Bumpsteer kit: fixes bump steer on the front suspension in lowered cars

Also, I've never heard anything about BC Racing coilovers on the S2000 ... I've heard some owners of other cars like them, but those other cars don't come with remote-resavoir Showa coilovers from the factory, either.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:19 AM

i think hes talking about buddy club race specs coilovers... not sure.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:31 AM

Nah, there's a company called BC Racing that sells coilovers
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 AM

bc racing is cheap taiwanese made crap (megan is rebadged bc racing), buddyclub racing spec dampers are actually from japan. why are you getting all these useless high end parts and cheaping out on one of the most crucial components of the car? those other suspension components you listed wont be used to their full potential without a good set of coilovers. you should really rethink how your building this car...
Old 09-16-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by assalbert,Sep 16 2008, 09:01 AM
bc racing is cheap taiwanese made crap (megan is rebadged bc racing), buddyclub racing spec dampers are actually from japan. why are you getting all these useless high end parts and cheaping out on one of the most crucial components of the car? those other suspension components you listed wont be used to their full potential without a good set of coilovers. you should really rethink how your building this car...
I got them because i wanted to try them out. Maybe they are cheap end stuff but they seem pretty go so far. =)
Old 09-17-2008, 12:01 AM

well, if your happy with them.... i guess i got nothing against that. although your car would be legit with some good coilovers
Old 09-17-2008, 06:31 PM

Yeah so he can be one of the other 10000 people on this forum with expensive coilovers that doesn't even track his car(Not a hit at the OP, just saying he got what made sense for him to get.)
Old 09-17-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ABCVTEC,Sep 17 2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah so he can be one of the other 10000 people on this forum with expensive coilovers that doesn't even track his car(Not a hit at the OP, just saying he got what made sense for him to get.)
Really? It makes sense to get rid of a set of remote resavoir Showa coilovers to go buy a set of cheap, Taiwanese coilovers that will rust over in two years?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by zbrewha863,Sep 17 2008, 06:41 PM
Really? It makes sense to get rid of a set of remote resavoir Showa coilovers to go buy a set of cheap, Taiwanese coilovers that will rust over in two years?
LOL okkkk i get it..my coils are crappp but im not planning to change them nowww..maybe when the blow or rust or w/e...can we move on now plz

Thank you

Quick Reply: Type_d J's racing/T1R/Spoon s2k build