JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Tein SRC, anyone Driving this? Aj-R guys?

Old 09-24-2006, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Tein SRC, anyone Driving this? Aj-R guys?

well ive had tein flex for almost 10 months now and i love the suspension (always been a triple perch setup guy) adjusting height independent of preload..

the only thing i dont like is the stiff rebound on the suspension, ive been thinking maybe increasing the preload on all 4 corners would increase the rate in which the suspension rebounds... But a easier/simpler approach i think would just be getting the SRC. the suspension seems exactly the same as the FLEX except for the Fluid resevior (better feeling, more fluid for smaller movements=better handling) and the dual EDFC allowing for Rebound/Compression seperate except for the same.

anywho, is anyone riding these? and how do you like it, i swear one of the AJ-R guys was.. but idk who.

Riley
Old 09-24-2006, 06:32 PM

Talk to maxrev and visit his site, maxrev.net iirc. seems to be a very nice set up but if you don't plan to track the car frequently, I'd recommend KW V.3's.

Good Luck!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just buy the Bilstein PPS9. More than enough.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:12 PM

with that as well!!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:13 PM

i will never get KW or Bilstein, i hate both.. driven both. i only do triple perch setups, w/ pillowball mounts. because when lowering double perch you cannot control the preload setting independent of height wanted. so you end up sacrificing one or the other...

which is why i asked about SRC

only others id consider is if ohlins made a triple perch,moton, or aragosta setup w/ 12k-14k springs.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe Voodos2k has them on his S2000 with track experience so you may want to PM him. He is a CO in the Bay Area forums.

Honestly for track use I would go nothing less than Penske, Moton, Sachs...

For day to day driving and commuting I would go with Tein, Zeal, Aragosta, Feels, Quantum, etc...
Old 09-25-2006, 04:46 PM

Penske, motons, etc. is what we use on racing cars, I wouldn't think you'd want anything like that on the street.
I work for a BMW pro race team and we, as well as Realtime, use Motons on the race cars and they are so stiff they require a kidney belt on the street.

I think you have pretty much answered your questions, the Tein SRC will give you a little more flexibility to fine tune your set-up as you have gone beyond what the Flex kit will give you.

I am new to S2000's but have been heavily involved with M3 race cars for several years and have run all kinds of crap on my M3's but the Tein kit on my last M3 was great, I loved it for a street driven and occasionally tracked car.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:55 PM

i think ima just stick w/ the FLEX given i do daily my car as well. and just mess with the preload setup and this and that and see if i can tune to my needs as is
Old 09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Riley, dont forget the spring rates are also higher on the SRC. so its gunna be a rougher ride.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ASMspec,Sep 25 2006, 02:41 PM
I believe Voodos2k has them on his S2000 with track experience so you may want to PM him. He is a CO in the Bay Area forums.

Honestly for track use I would go nothing less than Penske, Moton, Sachs...

For day to day driving and commuting I would go with Tein, Zeal, Aragosta, Feels, Quantum, etc...
Not all of us have baller budgets.

Quick Reply: Tein SRC, anyone Driving this? Aj-R guys?