JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Seibon CF Hardtop

Old 11-14-2005, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seibon CF Hardtop

I've been looking for a hardtop for the S and came across the Seibon CF top. Does anyone have one or has seen one on an S that can give a review?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doubt you will find any review in here about a mugen style HT...
Old 11-14-2005, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Project SSAP1,Nov 14 2005, 11:52 AM
doubt you will find any review in here about a mugen style HT...
Why?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cause its a jdm forum and the "mugen style" cf ht doesnt apply...most guys in here by the real deal stuff...no offense..you should have this post moved into s2000 talk
Old 11-14-2005, 08:23 AM

I'm planning to buy the Mugen top and saw the Seibon surfing around. The goal of this post is to hear some feedback from people that have a lot of experience with this. I'm a wrench head that goes to the track as much as possible and need a top for aero purposes / cool factor.

I have heard that the copies do not fit as well and the quality is sub-par. Others say they have had hoods on for years without a problem. I personally have not heard from anyone with the HT.

If this is not the correct place to get an opinion on this then i'd rather have it moved to the race & comp forum because that will be the main use of the product for me.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

race/comp section you'll find zero comments also. race/comp you will find mainly guys using one of the following:

1.) OEM alum HT stripped of interior
2.) Genuine Mugen FRP.

try under s2000 general talk.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:38 AM

The racers I know have the stripped oem ht or cf Mugen. I had the oem top on my last S and it worked good, it was just boring.

The FRP Mugen sounds like a good option price wise, but I would rather have the cf look. That is when I found the Seibon and was wondering if it should be considered.

btw where is the Seibon made?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tel1sps,Nov 14 2005, 10:38 AM
The racers I know have the stripped oem ht or cf Mugen. I had the oem top on my last S and it worked good, it was just boring.

The FRP Mugen sounds like a good option price wise, but I would rather have the cf look. That is when I found the Seibon and was wondering if it should be considered.

btw where is the Seibon made?
Your talking with one of the hardcorp Norcal track guys with Bluesaint. 90% of the time he knows what he's talking about when it comes to track events and parts (whether its JDM or USDM). The other 10% percent is where I come in.

Seibon hardtop is its own entity all together. Its a US based product made in Taiwan? Its not a aftermarket Japan enthusiasts part so you will not get any information/experience with that part here..

S2000 talk would be a good start. Also PM Webestore and JoJon in the Socal forums. They both have the Seibon tops. Good luck with your search.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:59 AM
roo

Seibon Carbon turns yellow.....sometimes it takes a only a few days, sometimes it takes months. Everyone I know with their "Made in Taiwan" junk on their car has regrets about purchasing it. (My jokes about how they now have carbon kevlar style parts didn't help hehe) Fitment and weave issues are very common as well. (the "carbon fiber" they use almost looks metallic...i wouldn't be suprised if it turned out not to be carbon fiber at all) Bottom line, don't by Seibon anything unless you want to make you car look like it was tuned in Taiwan.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Nov 14 2005, 02:33 PM
Your talking with one of the hardcorp Norcal track guys with Bluesaint. 90% of the time he knows what he's talking about when it comes to track events and parts (whether its JDM or USDM). The other 10% percent is where I come in.

Seibon hardtop is its own entity all together. Its a US based product made in Taiwan? Its not a aftermarket Japan enthusiasts part so you will not get any information/experience with that part here..

S2000 talk would be a good start. Also PM Webestore and JoJon in the Socal forums. They both have the Seibon tops. Good luck with your search.
I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks for the info...

Now that I hear this is made in Taiwan I have a better understanding of what it is.

Quick Reply: Seibon CF Hardtop