JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

new goodies

Old 11-30-2005, 09:50 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new goodies

My new wife brought me some new JDM goodies... J's Racing Intake, ASM Radiator Plate and ASM Struct Tower Brace.

Question - the J's intake snorkel part doesn't seem to extend as long as others that I've seen in pictures here. Is this a revision by J's? Also the intake came with only page 1 of the installation instructions. Does anyone have the entire installation instruction set?

Old 11-30-2005, 10:16 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Call AJ-R. They will give you the full instructions.

I thought that the shortened J's intakes were the normal Js intake price +$250. I was not aware that they changed anything or made all of there intakes designed to fit the Type S bumper if thats what your referring to. BTW...nice parts.

Ryan
Old 11-30-2005, 10:57 AM
mav

Maybe I'm not describing it correctly. OK, look at these pictures...

At the very end of the snorkel, the mouth or opening seems larger and longer than mine is. Is mine a different version than these others?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you have the shorter ram. it's for Type S bumper, Mugen Bumper, or Alex duct, etc.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

And I believe that the short ram is a $200+ upgrade from the regular system. Correct me if im wrong.

Ryan
Old 11-30-2005, 11:16 AM
mav

I just talked to Ben @ AJ-R and he told me that I have the regular version, not the short ram. The short ram is one foot shorter. So I guess J's revised the design a little, maybe for the AP2?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1)Remove your stock airbox. Disconnect all the hoses and pipes which attaches to the intake. Disconnect the hose to the valve cover and to the intake pipe.

2) install that rubber piece (with two side thread) on to the right side of the chassis beam (the beam underneath the airbox). Then bolt the vacuum purde valve on the rubber piece with two side screw. Re-hook the vaccum lines.

3)Install the step hose (black) on to the Tsuchinoko. Attach the filter to it as well. Make sure the backing piece of the snorkel sits behind the filter (you will need to bolt it back to the snorkel later.) Now install the Tsuchinoko to the throttle body.

4)Attach the V-shape bracket on to the stock air box mounting location. Fit the snorkel, align it to the Tsuchinoko then bolt everything together by using the bolts and hose clamp which comes with the kit.

5) Drop the hood but DON'T close it all the way. Look betwwen the gap and make marking whewre to cut the back side of the hood.

If anything that I didn't explain clearly, please PM or email me

Thanks
Ben
Old 11-30-2005, 12:26 PM
BNB

Will this intake clear the Top Secret hood?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey mav, I want to upgrade that snorkle part.

You have the one for the Type S bumper and I have the other one. Perhaps we can work something out if you are interested, because I will need this snorkle once I fit the J's Racing Type S bumper. Something like a trade!?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by mav,Nov 30 2005, 11:57 AM
Maybe I'm not describing it correctly. OK, look at these pictures...

At the very end of the snorkel, the mouth or opening seems larger and longer than mine is. Is mine a different version than these others?
The pic that you have was the previous generation snorkel. The one that you have now is the latest version which does't require cutting to your stock bumper.

Quick Reply: new goodies