JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Need a Definition of JDM

Old 06-14-2007, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you want ben's opinion, here. october 2006

http://therealjdm.com/
Old 06-15-2007, 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=1AP12NV,Jun 14 2007, 08:47 AM] I smell a flame war a commin.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by MINES13,Jun 15 2007, 03:24 PM
No. A USDM S2000 would NOT be JDM as it was built for the US market. As the DC Sports products are designed and marketed in the US for USDM vehicles they would not be JDM. You totally contridict yourself between point 1 and your final paragraph. Your arguement is flawed and you either did not read or understand my first post completely.

You are however entitled to interpret JDM as you will, it may not mean the same thing to you as it does for someone else in a tuning sense. But JDM by definition is not specific to cars only. JDM would apply to any product sold in Japan, not to be confused with the products origin.

I do not mind being countered in the least, but please make a legitimate point. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Oh and before someone takes my previous posts out of context, JDM applies to any product that is for consumption in the JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET; regardless of if that is toilet paper, candy, or a turbo kit. I wouldn't bother clarifying but some clowns seems to love to nit pick.
Actually, I didn't contradict myself in the least. Nowhere did I argue that the DC product was JDM and perhaps it is you that should re-read my post.

I disagreed with your first point:

"JDM means Japanese Domestic Market, any part made for use on a JAPAN SPEC vehicle."

I was trying to illustrate (albeit badly) that a part made in the US for a Japanese car would NOT be JDM in my view but would using the logic of your statement above. I will concede that the DC example is a bad one as that product is not made for the JDM S2K (although it will work on one), but I still cannot agree with your statement above.

You presented two different (contradicting you might say) definitions of what the term JDM means. Perhaps if you pick one this might be a more fruitful debate

If you pick the assertion presented in the latter part of your post (that a JDM product is any product made for consumption in the japanese market), then the point is moot as we actually agree

Anyway, didn't mean to ruffle feathers everyone is entitled to their own view, I just have to respond when someone calls mine invalid and implies that I am unable to comprehend the complexity of their argument
Old 06-18-2007, 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=1AP12NV,Jun 18 2007, 05:56 AM] Actually, I didn't contradict myself in the least.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:37 AM

Wow ... I actually conceded the DC example as being flawed

I disagreed with the first statement of your first post (as I felt it conflicted with the rest of that post and your later post) and I came up with a crappy example (which was flawed as I conceded) to try to illustrate why.

Sad thing is that it seems we agree on the definition

Have a good one
Old 06-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Former Moderator

Tell me the name of his business so I NEVER buy a thing from him. You have a sweet ride with a ton of high dollar parts... F' him and his little hatch.

BTW, no one here apparently knows what JDM is either.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:06 AM

Oh and by the way, I have run into people that feel that in order to be considered "JDM", the parts on a car must be *OEM* JDM parts. I think this is B.S. personally, but some seem to hold that belief (which might explain that kid shooting his mouth off if he was an EK owner???)

Anyway the fact is that your car is extremely well put together and you've chosen quality parts. Who cares what the twerp thought?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Jun 18 2007, 10:56 AM

BTW, no one here apparently knows what JDM is either.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:17 PM

JDM IS A FAD - nothing more. nothing less.
the cars we drive - all imports, so the tuners / parts that are featured are all from overseas. this whole jdm "fad" has got to stop.
we live in AMERICA. deal w/ it - USDM 100%

im not trying to bash you or call anyone out - just my 0.02
im not against SPOON / AMUSE / MUGEN or any other company - but c'mon, if youve been in the game long enough, im sure youd have the same opinion.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:57 PM

JDM is overrated. All i need is quality, power, craftsmanship doesnt have to be JdM tYtE yO. :JDM pose:

Quick Reply: Need a Definition of JDM