JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Mugen Exhaust MY04+

Old 09-06-2005, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mugen Exhaust MY04+

The wait is finally over...now to install it........

Old 09-06-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I just took a look and it seems you are correct...the Mugen exhaust is now going for $1,628!!

Dude, WTF kinda insanity is that!?!? No offense to you Mugen exhaust owners out there, but damn that's nuts. Last time I checked, this exhaust doesn't do anything in terms of power output...just weight savings and exhaust tone change. Sheesh, all that for $1600!

So, did you already pay for the exhaust (back when it was at it's "old" price)? Or are you just waiting to purchase one when they have it in stock? Here's how I see it:

- If you have already paid the "old" price, then just wait it out. They definitely need to honor their sale price to you, especially if you've already paid. Just raise hell if they start bitching about the "new" price...those bastiches...

- If you haven't already paid for it, I say screw King Motorsports and just look elsewhere for a new exhaust. I mean, I'm all for "quality" exhausts and all, but dayum that price tag is pretty damned hefty.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:04 PM

it's also a stainless steel exhaust with only titanium cansiters. It doesn't even save that much sorry king will never see a dime of my money for any reason. Talk about overpriced, but let's be honest with mugen all you are buying is name anyway.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as i love mugen parts, this exhaust is so overrated
i had a chance to pick up a week old 04+ mugen exhaust for $1,000.00 from a local member
i passed on the great deal and kept my TS exhaust

do i think its worth the money?

hell no
Old 09-06-2005, 07:49 PM
S2X
Former Sponsor

why not pick up my Amuse dual?
used of course...
Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason I'm so partial to the Mugen is because my S is my daily driver.... with my wife driving occasionally. The Mugen is not too loud, it's A+ quality, it's JDM, it's lighter than OEM and it sounds great.....

All the other exhaust I've looked into, although masterpieces in their own right....are just too loud for cruising...

I'm going to talk with King tomorrow and see what's up......

Comptech was my only other choice....but it doesn't have the JDM bling I was looking for...
Old 09-06-2005, 10:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe the Amuse is less loud than the Mugen.

RYan
Old 09-06-2005, 11:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Are you sure? Although I've never heard either exhaust in person, I've always read that Mugen's exhaust is the quietest among all aftermarket exhaust. I was under the impression that the Amuse is much louder.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Get the Fuji;it's as quiet as the Mugen and is nearly 1/2 the $$$
Old 09-07-2005, 05:50 AM

Amuse dual is not that loud. Remember, we're not talking about a dual Titan R1000. I have HKS now and I will honestly say that the Amuse dual isn't any louder. It may actually be quieter.

At first I wanted the Mugen for my '01, but they said it would take atleast 6 months to get me one and (at the tiem) it was $1500. I thought... "Hmmm... Should I pay that much and wait atleast 6 months for an exhaust that doesn't really LOOK much different than the OEM exhaust? Let alone one that doens't offer any proven performance gains..."

Four days late I had an HKS exhaust on my doorstep and I was completely satisfied with it. Although now I'm selling my HKS b/c I just bought a Spoon N1. What can I say? I love the HKS, but I want something different now.

Mugen =
But $1500 and 6+ months of waiting for an exhaust... ? Not unless it comes with an Umbrella Girl!!!

Quick Reply: Mugen Exhaust MY04+