JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

J's Racing FX-Pro Debut

Old 06-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by willywill
can they make custom orders? would love to have the 70rr but with a 3 inch. please lmk
That won't be possible because the clearances and piping layout would need to be altered so they would need a completely new jig.

Originally Posted by chuhsi
very envious of the new muffler. is there an upgrade program for my 60rs?
Unfortunately they don't offer that.

Originally Posted by Orpheus
they mentioned a silencer in the ad--i've been looking for a loud ti exhaust with a silencer option for the longest time, so this would be perfect! would both the curved and straight tips have a silencer option?

also, i heard many stories of rattling and stuff breaking loose inside j's ti exhausts. do you know if those problems were addressed in these new models? i currently have a t1r em ti exhaust, and have driven 50k mi on it with no problems, not to mention some high-end sports cars come with ti exhausts stock (like the corvette c5 z06). so i don't think such problems are inherit in all ti exhausts, and must be an issue with quality or design.

thanks.
The silencer is the same one that's been available for all their exhausts. They're included with most of their exhausts or can be purchased separately. Both tips have the same diameter so the silencer would work for both.

All aftermarket exhaust (other than ASM Siren) will break down, wear out, and get louder over time because they use packed canisters. Some of the old J's Ti exhausts have had issues with broken welds on the inside of the resonators but they have redesigned them to be more durable and resistant to cracks.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

nice!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really wish they would offer a 3". If they ever do, then I'll buy one, but non the less, these look good.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:55 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

These look great! The original J's exhausts looked great and had some of the best sound. I can only imagine these are just as good or better. I'm loving the pie-cut dolphin tip
Old 06-18-2011, 05:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

was seriously considering these, but just checked the prices on your website... does my memory serve me correctly that these new models are almost $1,000 more now? if so, how do they justify the humongous price increase?
Old 06-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

price difference seems closer to $700 higher (prices have kept going up with yen exchange rates)...but the point is correct in that these new ones seem much more expensive than the older ones.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slo ap2
Really wish they would offer a 3". If they ever do, then I'll buy one, but non the less, these look good.
Custom orders are possible if you are willing to pay for it.

Originally Posted by Orpheus
was seriously considering these, but just checked the prices on your website... does my memory serve me correctly that these new models are almost $1,000 more now? if so, how do they justify the humongous price increase?

Originally Posted by chuhsi
price difference seems closer to $700 higher (prices have kept going up with yen exchange rates)...but the point is correct in that these new ones seem much more expensive than the older ones.
That's correct. The FX line has been discontinued. There are no more titanium exhausts in-stock at J's Racing, but any orders for the FX line will be accepted until June 30th. The FX Pro line will reflect a price increase ranging from ~$300-600 US depending on the application, e.g. FX 60RS - $1759 vs. FX Pro 60RS $2352.

I guess they want to distinguish the price point between the new FX Pro line and the 304R (SUS304) line.

No spec releases on the differences, but those who are interested send me a pm.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't wait to hear it
Old 07-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry to say but this is basically slapping some lip stick on a pig to justify a severe price increase.

That said, being an importer myself, I know that currency exchange fluctuation and weak demand have put foreign manufacturers in a very hard place (so costs have gone up, but in my opinion not enough to warrant that level of a price increase).

Hopefully there is an improvement when it comes to sounds or some other characteristic. I'm pretty sure its still Grade 2 titanium tubing, so the only thing they could do to make it stronger/more durable is increase the wall thickness (which I doubt as it would significantly increase their cost per foot of exhaust piping, and also increase overall weight).
Old 07-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice