JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Japan Trip! Anyone familiar with Japan help!

Old 08-24-2006, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Japan Trip! Anyone familiar with Japan help!

This most likely not the corect place for this but I want to try and get the most exposure as possible.

I've torn myself away from my beloved S2000 this entire summer working in Shanghai, China. Living in snowbound cleveland you learn to covet the summer months like they were gold. It looks like Karma is at work and I've been granted a rare opportunity for my troubles.

I will be in japan on sunday sep10th for round 7 of the JGTC at Motegi. I'm in Japan for only 2 days and the day previous we are trying to plan on things to do. We want to go see superautobacs but other then that we don't know anything else. Anyone familiar with tokyo and japan.... what else can we visit in just one day? Are tuner shops like Amuse, Spoon, and others close? I am doing my own research as well but I wanted to tap vast resources here. I've seen other peoples pics from tuner shops. Other then tuner shops are there specific places that people gather with tuner cars or car shows? Anything specific I should do as an S2k owner and enthusiast?

Also as an afterthought. I'll be in Seoul for the whole week previous. This is a shot in the dark but are there S2k or car related events in seoul? I haven't been back to seoul in 3-4 years or so so any suggestions on things I should do? I know there are one or two koreans on this board
Old 08-24-2006, 09:34 PM

PM Maxrev, he might be able to help you
Old 08-24-2006, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by AJ PwR,Aug 24 2006, 09:34 PM
PM Maxrev, he might be able to help you
good call...I've seen his website a bunch of times I should have thought of that. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

when you get there you'll be very disappointed that there are not alot of tuner cars on the street. i was there twice in the last two years for work and i thought the same way you did the 1st time i came, that i was going to see tons of drift cars everywhere but i saw maybe two lightly modified cars the 1st time i was there. also, there's not a lot of hondas especially S2K.

if your at tokyo go to Roppongi at night and Toyota's mega web. its toyota's version of disneyland.

Mega Web
Old 08-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by TRDLiquidSilver,Aug 25 2006, 09:23 AM
when you get there you'll be very disappointed that there are not alot of tuner cars on the street. i was there twice in the last two years for work and i thought the same way you did the 1st time i came, that i was going to see tons of drift cars everywhere but i saw maybe two lightly modified cars the 1st time i was there. also, there's not a lot of hondas especially S2K.
not a single S when i was there 2 years ago - awesome place though
Old 08-26-2006, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The times I've been there, the most common 'tuner' car I always see are Integra Type R's. Especially in Tokyo. They must grow on trees over there. LOL

STi's and Evo's are pretty common in the big cities... but that is about it. The occasional Skyline and Silvia... and a handful of FD's. I can't recall seeing any S2000's aside from the ones at the Honda headquarters.

My suggestion is stay around Tokyo. I usually have to go up to Takasaki City and there isn't much there for 'tuner' cars. Aside from the Cusco cars. ;-)

As far as trying to hook up with the car scene, you kind of need to know someone there for the good stuff.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:27 PM

As for Seoul there is an S2K club made up of Koreans. I haven't been able to contact anyone who knows them. The one night I don't go out they show up at our spot. Not many S2K's here because Honda doesn't sell them here. From what I hear they are pretty nice though because they are rich kids who had them tuned and shipped here directly from Japan. Give me a pm when you get out here. My buds drive NSX, R32's, G35's, etc.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:33 PM

While you're at Motegi, you must visit the Honda Collection Hall! One of the best automotive/racing museums, hands down. All the Hondas will blow your mind!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:04 PM

Make sure you get to Yokohama in the evenings epecially Daikoku Futo. Lots of tuner cars turn up there and you might catch them racing through the tunnels.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:51 PM

Wow, thanks for the info guys. I'm actually tagging along with my friend that work at Honda R&D so we're definitely hitting up the honda museum. I actually bought an HD camcorder just so I can get some good footage so I'm pretty stoked.

S2k Seoul - I'll definitely PM you when I'm in seoul. It would be cool to see some sweet cars in korea and i'm always lookin for somethin to do.
Amuse Boy - I'll be sure to ask my japanese guide about daikoku futo and see if we can hit it up.

Thanks for everyones replies. I'll be taking tons of pics and if possible trying to upload video.

Quick Reply: Japan Trip! Anyone familiar with Japan help!