JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

hytech header dyno

Old 11-30-2007, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed.

I'd gladly sacrifice 5 horsepower and live with the fact that the stuff I ordered will be in my hands within a reasonable timeframe.

Half a year to weld piping? gimme a break. It's November. NO ONE is racing right now. I can understand the delay if this was smack in the middle of summer where the racing season is in full tilt.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it was only 5HP I would have cancelled long ago.

The ONLY reason I think we will see a few headers out Hytech in the next 6 months is that it is winter, if it's not done by March though forget it, the header won't be done for another year unless they make some business changes or there is a serious recession or somthing.

If you are interested in Hytech header, I would still suggest you give them a call and tell them you are interested. If they know a lot of people want one, they may make a business change such as hiring someone.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually I have experience with hytech in the past. MY04 had one of there first prototype header which I bought off another member. Quality part, and overall the cars performence was well increased(I can't speak for the gains by just the header alone though as I had a lot done to the car).
Old 11-30-2007, 05:49 PM

And the header is substantially better now than the first prototypes.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carrera4,Nov 30 2007, 07:49 PM
And the header is substantially better now than the first prototypes.
well from seeing the pics of their current race header....it looks exactly the same.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry. I've seen too many headers come and go which seem very similar to Hytech: beautifully made, with sound engineering and design, as well as an impeccable rep of the company who made them.

But the dyno's have always ended up disappointing. Shit, look at the Spoon header!

Look, to believe that there is a substantially more efficient header out there, you'd have to believe that Honda, with some of the greatest engineers in the world, somehow managed to get it wrong on the car celebrating their 50th year of motor racing.

Not likely. I happen to think this is why FI or increased displacement is the only sensible way to go for increased power that is at all usable (as opposed to generating a bit more peak hp right at redline) or remotely affordable (and $1350 for maybe 12hp at redline doesn't qualify).

Still, I'd love to see that dyno and be proven wrong. Hey, maybe those "anti-reversion chambers" really do make a big difference. But until I see the proof, I gotta call BS on this.

You know ,the magazines have a term for this: "The S2000 effect". It reminds me of 80's Porsche 911's. People would "blueprint", port/polish, and "tune" the motor. Spend a whole bunch of cash and...the motor would end up less powerful than stock.

OK, just my .02. If you dropped $1350 on one of these, please don't flame me. Just dyno the damn thing instead!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally, I'd like nothing better than for this piece to materialize. It and the cam setup would unlock my 2.5L.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by carrera4,Nov 30 2007, 03:20 PM
I can't speak for other's reasons as to why they like the header, but I have personally seen dyno sheets for the header/cams combo and have talked with the tuner that did all the testing for the S2000 parts Hytech has produced (in person at his shop). This tuner has done 100s of S2000s. He was able to give me specific quantitative performance data showing how the header is head and shoulders above everything else. That is my primarly basis for ordering the header. But in addition, I have also talked with the owner of Hytech extensively and with another tuner that has used his parts. Both my talks with Hytech and the other tuner gave me a very positive impression of the performance of the parts coming out of Hytech.

On the other hand, it has become quite apparent that Hytech has greater priorities than producing a header for the S2000. I am fairly confident that Hytech will finish the first batch of 10 to 12 headers in the next several months (sometime before summer 2008), but have no idea when the next batch will arrive. Since I believe the entire first batch is spoken for, there is essentially no Hytech header available. For that reason I no longer suggest the header to anyone. It should truly be called a custom limited production header and not a mass market item. Now things could change. The economy could tank and Hytech could suddenly have a lot more time to devote to lower priority projects or perhaps they could hire another person. Until that happens though my advice to anyone is to just forget about getting anything out of Hytech.
Frustrating isn't it? It will have been 8 months now.....
Old 12-01-2007, 09:33 PM

I bet I know a guy who could design some cams, way too expensive though. I say we keep this thread alive until we see some dyno sheets.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by riokong,Dec 1 2007, 11:27 PM
Frustrating isn't it? It will have been 8 months now.....
Actually, I'm totally over it at this point. Have another option lined up.

Just as an aside, the cams are relatively easy to get because although they are designed by Hytech the grind is outsourced and they seem to be able to get stuff done within a reasonable time frame.

Quick Reply: hytech header dyno