JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

How can I install Sparco/Takata racing harness

Old 05-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I install Sparco/Takata racing harness

Bought a pair of Bride Ergo II seats and Safety21 6 pt cage a couple of weeks back and the cage suppose to come in next week. Anywho, I'm currently looking for Sparco or Takata harness and wondering how did you guys installed yours? And where do all the bolts go? Pictures will be truly appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-23-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

i dont know how other people do it, but i'm interested to know also. I recently test fitted a harness in so here's my thoughts...

1. Shoulder belts attach to the harness bar via wrapping it over, or using eyebolts. If you got the harness bar option, there should be spots to screw in eyebolts.

2. Right side lap belt should connect to the seat bracket (it should have an extra piece to clip onto) if you dont have this, you'll have to attach an eyebolt to the chassis (transmission tunnel area).

3. Left side lap belt, i thought i could screw the eyebolt into the existing lower seat belt mounting point, but since the point is so low to the floorboard, i couldn't turn the eyebolt a complete 360 degrees to screw it in. Granted this was with carpet in, so you may or may not gain more room to turn the eyebolt if you have the carpet out. The other option is to attach an eyebolt to the chassis.

When attaching the lap belts, make sure they are set at the correct angle. I know sparco has recommendations on their website. This goes for the shoulder belts too, but not much you can change if you are using the pre-made harness bar w/ the cage.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a bolt-point for the Safety 6-pt cage? My Mugen 6-pt roll-cage comes with pre-drilled holes where the Takata eyebolts are supposed to go to. On the lateral side of where the seat is supposed to be, there's already a hole in the chassis where the eyebolt will directly fit to. As for the medial side of the seat, there are no holes in the chassis. Ideally you're supposed to drill a hole into the chassis on the medial side for the other lap belt. I currently have the eyebolt temporarily rigged up onto the inner seat rail itself, but bolting onto the chassis itself is ideal.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by medicalstudent,May 24 2007, 05:44 PM
Is there a bolt-point for the Safety 6-pt cage? My Mugen 6-pt roll-cage comes with pre-drilled holes where the Takata eyebolts are supposed to go to. On the lateral side of where the seat is supposed to be, there's already a hole in the chassis where the eyebolt will directly fit to. As for the medial side of the seat, there are no holes in the chassis. Ideally you're supposed to drill a hole into the chassis on the medial side for the other lap belt. I currently have the eyebolt temporarily rigged up onto the inner seat rail itself, but bolting onto the chassis itself is ideal.
Good description. If you DO decide to mount the inside lower eyebolt to the chassis, and not the seat, make sure you buy high strenght nuts to hold it to the car.