JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Greddy E-manage Ultimate?

Old 07-18-2006, 02:27 AM
d-j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Jul 16 2006, 08:01 PM
I don't care what Greddy said to you it does work it just is not official.

I am working on putting together a How to thread when I get sometime with some screen shots .

Please don't ask me for tuning how to's or base maps . I will help you out with install and options.

This should not be a experiment as you can kill you engine very easily.
The information I posted was from Greddy, they said it did not work. That's when I gave up & had it removed. I agree with your "experiment" statement, I am not willing to risk my engine.

Maybe it's my setup. Maybe it was my tuner. At this point, I don't know. My car was down for 45 days, trying to get setup & tuned. Greddy was not much help.

Let me know (PM) when you start the "How to" thread.
Thanks for the offer to help.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:27 PM

Sorry I will try and get this together this week . My shop has been crazy this past week and I havnt got out of here before 10pm .
Old 07-25-2006, 07:32 AM

Is there any way you can post the changes that are necessary to the Boomslng harness to get the ULT to work.

I did get it to work in my MY04 with the speed sensing wire disconnected and the water and intake temp tags disconnected.

However it was only adjusting the injectors and nothing else.
Ignition timing was not being data logged and was not being controlled.

Posting in the Ultimate E-manage thread would probably be the best location to post this info.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...f=142&t=331737

plz post this info and prove us all wrong for pulling the system out to earley.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:34 PM

I read different opinions all over the place about the ultimate e-manage, i want to be able to tune my A/F ratio and have control of the timing and ignition, as well as move to an 8lb pulley. i like the piggyback of the greddy and am debating against getting the AEM EMS, i want to keep the stock ecu if possible for the smog aspect as well as the CEL and other stock characteristics of the ECU, what product should i be looking into (car is daily driven) thanks.
CHRIS
Old 09-16-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive been reading and they say it can be done with greddy ultimate emanage but the thing is they're putting out limited power. and as for smog aspects, a comptech supercharger with AEM EMS will pass.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:05 PM

If i wanted to lower vtec and smooth the transition out, run a 7 or 8lb pulley (hopefully 8lb) and run 550 injectors would the ultimate e-manage be a good choice for me or should i go with the AEM just so i dont have to "do it right the second time" and end up wasting $ on the greddy?
Old 09-16-2006, 04:11 PM

If i wanted to lower vtec and smooth the transition out while tuning the a/f and run an 8lb pulley with 550 injectors would the ultimate e-manage be a good choice for me or should i go with the AEM just so i dont have to "do it right the second time" and end up wasting $ on the greddy?
Old 09-17-2006, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by curiouz_G,Sep 16 2006, 05:49 PM
ive been reading and they say it can be done with greddy ultimate emanage but the thing is they're putting out limited power. and as for smog aspects, a comptech supercharger with AEM EMS will pass.
Who told you they are putting out limited power ????

How many have you installed ?

Give a example of the power differance between AEM and Greddy E-manage Ultimate ( I know poeple that make over 400 whp with a E-manage Blue )

Technically a standalone is illegal in any OBDII car . It all depends on the state if they enforce it or not .

Old 09-17-2006, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by news2kroller,Sep 16 2006, 07:11 PM
If i wanted to lower vtec and smooth the transition out while tuning the a/f and run an 8lb pulley with 550 injectors would the ultimate e-manage be a good choice for me or should i go with the AEM just so i dont have to "do it right the second time" and end up wasting $ on the greddy?
The E-manage Ultimate will work fine .

Old 09-17-2006, 05:36 PM

What can an AEM EMS do for me that an ultimate e-manage cant? I have been looking around and cant really find spicific differences between the two for my application, i am debating 7 or 8 lbs (leaning towards 8lbs), i just want a safe tune for my s while still getting the most out of the S/C, if the EMS is the only way to get this then i will go ahead but i want to know why the ultimate e-manage is not the way to go. thanks

Quick Reply: Greddy E-manage Ultimate?