JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Greddy E-manage Ultimate?

Old 07-07-2006, 10:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Greddy E-manage Ultimate?

Anybody on here use the Greddy E-manage Ultimate for their s2k? It's a pretty hot item over at my forums...and was suprised I couldn't find any threads related to the ULTIMATE on this forum(only found e-m blue)...this thing is supposedly the ultimate piggyback system that allows u to advance/retard ignition timing, tune your AFR, and even raise the redline...does anyone use it, and what are your impressions?

If I get an s2k, I would like to keep it n/a...my main focus is to go fast in the twisties...so I'm not too interested in turbos, since it's expensive, and most of my money will go into suspension/wheels....will the E-manage Ultimate be worth it? Or can I just call it a day with I/h/e? I'm not sure how well S2k ECUs are tuned...but just wondering if extra whp gained from the tuning would help benefit me..
Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my best advice to you, would be to read through the "i want 230rwhp NA" thread. all your questions answered there. good luck.

in short, e-manage sucks(for the s2)...mot worth the money.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:15 PM

damn, but that "i want 230rwhp na" thread is so long

but anyway...I'll take one day to sit down and read through the whole thread...in the meantime, anyone else want to comment about the emanage ultimate? Or how about tuning in general? Remember, I'm not planning to go turbo...
Old 07-08-2006, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people run AEM EMS for their S2K. Not to many people that I know of are running an aftermarket EMS with just I/H/E you would probably just need to get the VAFC and that sould suffice!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:51 PM

Wow, so pick up a v-afcii and call it a day? In terms of I/h/e of course? I mean, like I said earlier, I don't plan to put too much power down...I just want to have fun in the twisties, so thats why I asked if EMS is necessary

Do they make harnesses for the V-afcii on AP2s? How much do they usually run for? This is cool...cuz I use to have a v-afcii in my Maxima, and use to street tune it with my PLX WB...so I'm definitely familiar with the interface...it would be like, tuning my maxima all over again

Man, I can't wait till I get my AP2!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:25 PM

They do make a frog harness that is plug and play but you must purchase it seperately! And yes if you are just going to run I/H/E alls you need is a VAFC and you'll be set. Most people only get an EMS for turbo, supercharging, and some pretty high end N/A power.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:32 PM

Niice! thats what I wanted to hear really...I'll just transfer my V-AFCII over from my maxima onto my S2k...if I end up getting one....lol

What are typical gains of V-AFCII tuning on the s2k? For maximas, we gain some pretty solid #s...usually about 10-15whp....not bad considering V-afcii is like $250 on flea bay...and another $150 to dyno tune...so $400 for 10-15whp isn't too shabby....whats the S2k like?
Old 07-11-2006, 12:50 PM
d-j

FYI...The emanage ultimate (at this time) does NOT work for any S2K.

Check here: Link
Old 07-11-2006, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about the same gains can be expected on a AP1.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by d-j,Jul 11 2006, 03:50 PM
FYI...The emanage ultimate (at this time) does NOT work for any S2K.

Check here: Link
I beg to differ ??

We have two cars running on the Ultimate as I speak .

Not all feature are compatible with all cars. Different car will use different Map options. But it does control Fuel and Timing fine . The other problem is that Boomslang just hooked up everything to it by pin out not by experience .

I don't care what Greddy said to you it does work it just is not official . I talked to the tech at Greddy yesterday and gave him a hard time about telling you it does not work on the f20c or f22c . I think there are a few new techs there . As I called for a Z problem we had before and at the beginning of the conversation he said one thing then told me something else at the end and had to keep asking someone else . ( about not having to use diodes with the ultimate like you had to with the blue for the Z ) . I find if you argue with them they will just tell you what ever to end the conversation . I know it is not very helpful . The tech I talked to didn't even know there was a F20c option in the drop down menu ,or that H-8 ecu pin out is the S2000 even though nothing in the Honda list uses the h-8 pin out ???

I am working on putting together a How to thread when I get sometime with some screen shots .

Please don't ask me for tuning how to's or base maps . I will help you out with install and options . If you are not a tuner I suggest you find someone that is and understands tuning . This should not be a experiment as you can kill you engine very easily .

Giles from Holyroller Dyno put together a small teaser thread in New England on a 03 AP1 with a AEM v1 and a Apexi World sport exhaust everything else is stock. The base line is on the same day with the Intake and exhaust before being tuned with the Ultimate . Look ---- > HERE

More to come

Quick Reply: Greddy E-manage Ultimate?