JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

E-manage Ultimate 101

Old 05-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris when you tried the jumper in both places did you change your vtec settings ?

The VTM wire gets cut and the emanage has to give the ecu a signal .

If you have time can you confirm it works in both positions with vtec engagement moved ?

Thanks ,
Old 05-25-2007, 11:36 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

I didn't try it in both places, i have the greddy turbo kit, so i have the plug and play harness and the preprogramed ultimate. When i said it seems to work fine on either setting, this is taking your information as well as mine. Meaning, you have XX number of customers who have it set your way and VTEC works fine AND i have it set the other way and VTEC works fine.

When i was on the dyno, VTEC crossover was very audible, and the power curve and numbers obviously show that VTEC is working. I have witnessed an S2000 with the ultimate and VTEC turned off, and at vtec engagement RPM, the power just drops off. (basically i'm saying vtec works for sure on my car, and i have JP17 set to Open for sure).

Anyway, i think the 2 most important points are that VTM does not correlate to VTEC function, and even more importantly, the Japanese manual (the original version) states that JP17 VTM is open (both in the table and the written). The English manuals are translated from the Japanese manuals, so we can see where exactly the typo was at...in the written portion of the English manual.

If there are wires you would like me to check on my plug n play harness, let me know.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so whats the latest news?

is there a P&P harness yet? i have readied myself for emanage and now just want to lock in the details.

does emange have a switch that allows you to switch between different tunes?

thanks!
Old 05-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Yeah the new GReddy turbo kit comes with a pnp harness, but iono if its available for sale seperately or not. And using the dip switches on the ultimate you can switch between different tunes (ie. switch 1 for 91 octane, switch 2 for race gas, etc.).
Old 05-25-2007, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum,May 25 2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah the new GReddy turbo kit comes with a pnp harness, but iono if its available for sale seperately or not. And using the dip switches on the ultimate you can switch between different tunes (ie. switch 1 for 91 octane, switch 2 for race gas, etc.).
ill have to do some more R&D on the harness end of it. i dont want to hack up my factory wiring.

the next problem to solve is finding a tuner in my area.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by versionJDM,May 25 2007, 01:32 PM
so whats the latest news?

is there a P&P harness yet? i have readied myself for emanage and now just want to lock in the details.

does emange have a switch that allows you to switch between different tunes?

thanks!
Boomslang makes a pnp harness for the EULT which you can find here: http://www.boomslang.us/ultimate.htm

I do believe some modification is necessary for the MY06+ guys, but that obviously doesn't apply to you.

And yes there is a switch that allows you to instantly change settings back to "stock" if you choose.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by kenstyle,May 25 2007, 03:31 PM
Boomslang makes a pnp harness for the EULT which you can find here: http://www.boomslang.us/ultimate.htm

I do believe some modification is necessary for the MY06+ guys, but that obviously doesn't apply to you.

And yes there is a switch that allows you to instantly change settings back to "stock" if you choose.

now to find a tuner.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:56 AM

No mods needed for the boomslang harness anymore

and those with a 06 , the harness works fine you just need to make sure you flash the EU with the latest firmware or you will toast the coils .
Old 05-26-2007, 07:17 AM

Noob question but on the Boomslang site when choosing the harness for the S2 there choices of Ultimate- Air & Water Input, Knock & Water Input, Knock & Air Input, Dual Knock Input............which of those would you choose??
Old 05-28-2007, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twiztid,May 26 2007, 12:56 PM
No mods needed for the boomslang harness anymore

and those with a 06 , the harness works fine you just need to make sure you flash the EU with the latest firmware or you will toast the coils .
I got mine from Boomslang in August '06.
Didn't have the time and everything to install it so far

Q1:
They changed the VSS signal at some point...how do I know I need to mod the harness? And if so, what needs to be done?

Q2:
what are my settings for jp13 & jp14 with the knock & air options in the harness?

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: E-manage Ultimate 101