JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

E-manage Ultimate 101

Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twiztid,May 18 2007, 09:32 AM
My highlighted settings are correct and have been proven many times over .

Even for JP 17 . Set it to 1-2 this is the VTM option

The table is the typo , the written section is correct .
This part i'm honestly very confused about. I trust you that you have tested it over and over! but I even talked to greddy tech support and he says the table is correct. To find out how sure he was on that, i asked if this was a common issue and of course it was because there is a typo somewhere, but he said after he gave people the correction it would fix their problem. Again, if the table were wrong, then why would the factory settings be Karman IN and VTM out? makes no sense. Just food for thought.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Twiztid,May 18 2007, 09:52 AM
We have tried both voltage settings with no issue . But I prefer the 5v setting .
So like i said, nothing for ANYONE to get defensive about, both settings work with no issue, so....
Old 05-18-2007, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by 858integ,May 18 2007, 12:54 PM
This part i'm honestly very confused about. I trust you that you have tested it over and over! but I even talked to greddy tech support and he says the table is correct. To find out how sure he was on that, i asked if this was a common issue and of course it was because there is a typo somewhere, but he said after he gave people the correction it would fix their problem. Again, if the table were wrong, then why would the factory settings be Karman IN and VTM out? makes no sense. Just food for thought.
Dude , you are confusing yourself and everyone else .

Where are you getting Karman In ????

16 and 17 should be set to 1-2 period so that would be Vtec IN and VTM ( Like I said the Table text is wrong only on JP 17 )

The only thing that would make the above statement false is if they have changed the design of the Ultimate to correct to the table or Firmware . If this has changed then Greddy should be telling people that question them .

My one pet peeve with Greddy is they never release info on the firmware updates on what they corrected . But I can tell you this I have had harnesses pined wrong via color . There software and reference manuals have so many typos and misspelt words it makes you think ????? Every time I have called Greddy tech they have been of no help . I have better luck finding my answers online from others experiences .

The Greddy tech only repeats what he has been told . Ask him if he personal installed and set the jumpers himself and can confirm ???

Maybe DJ will jump in and tell his story with Greddy Support and will tell you how credible they are .

Old 05-18-2007, 07:33 PM

Calm down man, any post on this thread isn't a personal attack on you ok???

I'm not confused, you just haven't spent the time to try to understand what i was saying about JP16-17.

Let me explain so you can try to understand.

The factory settings are Open for JP16 and 1-2 for JP17 correct??

If what you say is correct and VTM and Karman out are switched, then that would make the factory settings: JP16 open karman in and JP17 1-2 VTM. correct?? This does NOT make sense because the factory settings are supposed to be set for Karman in(JP16)AND Karman out(JP17) ...NOT Karman in (JP16) and VTM (JP17). The table reflects this, and the written portion contradicts this, which is why the written portion is wrong. DO NOT get this confused with the settings you suggest for the S2000. I am SOLELY commenting on the typo issue at hand...which just so happens to affect the settings you suggest for the S2000.

AND get off of this GReddy tech support business. I'm only repeating what GReddy said, and it makes sense, which is why i'm even remotely interested still in this thread...otherwise i'd let you be defensive and angry all by yourself, b/c i have better things to do. But in the hope that we can help people, since this was supposed to be an informative thread, i've been trying to get these ideas across.

So how about in your next reply, try being a little more mature and discuss this like adults, instead of getting all heated b/c someone disagrees with you. It's not even like i called you an idiot or something remotely similar, so just relax. This is not a bash greddy tech support thread either, so no need for DJ to step in for story time. If you have questions or are confused about something i wrote, how about just straight up asking me without all the other nonsense? I'm happy to answer any questions about my explanations.

Anyway, i'll let you have YOUR thread back. Hopefully i have explained myself clearly thus far, but if anyone has a real question about what i said, feel free, otherwise i'll stay out of YOUR business...
Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 PM

don't forget V2.12 is also available now which is ideal for the DBW guys..
Old 05-19-2007, 04:48 AM

Anyone willing to explain in detail how is possible with the UEM to control the VTEC point? Thanks!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:27 AM

You need to select the Auxiliary Output Map

In the owners manual on page 42 will explain how to use it .
Old 05-23-2007, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by 858integ,May 18 2007, 10:33 PM
Calm down man, any post on this thread isn't a personal attack on you ok???

I'm not confused, you just haven't spent the time to try to understand what i was saying about JP16-17.

Let me explain so you can try to understand.

The factory settings are Open for JP16 and 1-2 for JP17 correct??

If what you say is correct and VTM and Karman out are switched, then that would make the factory settings: JP16 open karman in and JP17 1-2 VTM. correct?? This does NOT make sense because the factory settings are supposed to be set for Karman in(JP16)AND Karman out(JP17) ...NOT Karman in (JP16) and VTM (JP17). The table reflects this, and the written portion contradicts this, which is why the written portion is wrong. DO NOT get this confused with the settings you suggest for the S2000. I am SOLELY commenting on the typo issue at hand...which just so happens to affect the settings you suggest for the S2000.

AND get off of this GReddy tech support business. I'm only repeating what GReddy said, and it makes sense, which is why i'm even remotely interested still in this thread...otherwise i'd let you be defensive and angry all by yourself, b/c i have better things to do. But in the hope that we can help people, since this was supposed to be an informative thread, i've been trying to get these ideas across.

So how about in your next reply, try being a little more mature and discuss this like adults, instead of getting all heated b/c someone disagrees with you. It's not even like i called you an idiot or something remotely similar, so just relax. This is not a bash greddy tech support thread either, so no need for DJ to step in for story time. If you have questions or are confused about something i wrote, how about just straight up asking me without all the other nonsense? I'm happy to answer any questions about my explanations.

Anyway, i'll let you have YOUR thread back. Hopefully i have explained myself clearly thus far, but if anyone has a real question about what i said, feel free, otherwise i'll stay out of YOUR business...
???

Calm down , I did not know I was worked up ?? Personal attack? , dont remember accusing anyone of a personal attack .Your the one that made a pun out of my screen name. You have not seen me upset yet . I did not know being blunt and to the point was regarded as being pissed off. I myself as you do not have the time to piss and moan as I have a very successful business to run .

You summed it up yourself "I'm only repeating what GReddy said" and from the info from the post above I am reading all your info is based on assumption. I did not read anywhere that you had hard facts other than hearsay and theory. I too have called Greddy in the past on the same issue when we did the first Ultimate install and they said that the written part was correct ??My point is who cares what Greddy says if you have you tried it personally ?? I cant bash Greddy tech but your whole argument revolves around Greddy tech .

In the past Greddy has also said " I does not work in the S2k " or " S2k is not supported at this time " But yet I had them in 5 S2k's at the time working perfectly .

DJ is just one of many the got a lack of support from Greddy as did many others . I have spent many hours helping people on this board and supporting the Ultimate even if they did not purchase it from me .

Funny thing is I started this thread July 28 2006 after many successful installs . Folex and Myself both agree on the jumpers need to correctly install the Ultimate in a S2k . I have never had anyone confirm differently . Now that Greddy has release there Turbo Kit every car I have out there must be wrong and everyone is driving around without vtec ??

I wrote this thread from experience and not from hearsay. Just to make sure I am not being delusional I have called a few customer with installs from me to confirm my jumper settings . G-S2K has call back and confirm that his is set to my settings above and vtec works fine . He will be stopping by later today so I can confirm personally . Later Today i will try and get a hold of CHAZMO and have him confirm his findings . Both are very respected members of the board and are not local to me . I will also try to get my neighbor to swing by with the 06 we did after work and I will confirm the above.

If I am wrong I will admit it , as I gain nothing from messing up customers cars and being dishonest .

Oh and I am not a kid so you can talk to me as a adult . I did not think my post was immature at all . But I do find YOUR post to be just that . This is not MY thread but OUR THREAD

Disclaimer : In no way is this meant to be a argument or personal attack
Old 05-24-2007, 07:58 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Let's clear up a few things....

1. VTM signal does NOT control VTEC engagement or disengagement. It is merely a signal to inform the ECU that VTEC is on or off.

2. Not all cars have a VTM signal.

3. The Japanese installation manual for Ultimate confirms both in the table and the written portion what the English manual states in the table. (written portion in English manual is wrong).

4. The S2000 SEEMS to work fine with JP17 set to open OR 1-2.

5. How do i know #4 is correct? Well you said since before July 2006 you have been setting the JP this way, and they work fine. So that takes care of it set to 1-2. How do i know it works fine set to open? I have the Emanage ultimate on my car with the plug and play harness and JP17 set to open. I dynoed on Friday at 195 to the wheels stock on a mustang dyno! hmm...pretty high for VTEC not working. Oh but that's because VTM signal doesn't have anything to do with whether VTEC will function on a car equipped with Ultimate or not. That's what VTEC in and ouput are for. On some cars you need to set & hookup the VTM signal b/c it'lll throw a CEL. This obviously isn't the case with the S2000 b/c you have so many customers that have it set wrong with no CEL.

6. #5 explains why ALL of your customers don't have issues with VTEC function with JP17 set to 1-2.

7. Now since that is all cleared up, why is this still up for debate? We both know now that the S2000 works fine with JP17 set both ways. The issure at hand NOW is that since before July 2006 everyone has the idea that the table is wrong in the english manual, when it isn't. That doesn't matter for the S2000 in particular due to the aforementioned points, but if anyone were to take the incorrect information about JP17 into another car, say with a car that uses Karman Vortex, they will have trouble b/c they would now incorrectly think that to set JP17 to Karman Vortex they need to set it to Open, THEN they WILL REALLY have problems. So this issue stems past these boards.

Thank You.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick Reply: E-manage Ultimate 101