JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

E-manage Ultimate 101

Old 05-18-2007, 06:20 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

scareyourpassenger if you have any more questions shoot me a pm and I will send you my number so we can talk first hand.

for jumpers 13 and 14 they are set to open because Greddy is not using them.

any adjustment the stock ecu makes for water and intake temps will be carry over into the ULT and will be applied accordingly.

for Jumper 17 need to be set to VTM because it is used to activate the Vtec system.

For jumper 8 I talked to Slow at length on this one when I installed the ULT long before any one else. This should be set to 5 V (1-2) NOT 12V 2-3

I will call Greddy and find out why thay selected the 12V out put.

Both jumper settings will work however according to Slow the jumper should be set to 5V as the trigger to the plugs is 5V. Ground;12V primary;
Old 05-18-2007, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have had the Ultimate running in all S2k's from 00-06 FI to NA . Before Greddy could even answer any tech questions on it .

They should be thanking us (Members of S2KI ) For debugging everything for them .

5V is the correct setting ..... I have done over 30 installs with no issues , works every time .
Old 05-18-2007, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by MugenRioS2k,May 18 2007, 09:20 AM
for Jumper 17 does not madder where you set it because we do not have VTM and the pin out on the harness is not used.
This is not correct. We do need VTM. It simulates the signal from vtech oil pressure switch ... without it if you move VTEC around and this is not connected you will get a CEL.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:50 AM

Nice to here from Scott again
Old 05-18-2007, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by gilbertg,May 18 2007, 08:49 AM
This is not correct. We do need VTM. It simulates the signal from vtech oil pressure switch ... without it if you move VTEC around and this is not connected you will get a CEL.

you are correct its to early I need my coffee my post has been change to reflect the correct info
Old 05-18-2007, 08:23 AM

In regards to JP 7 & 8, the greddy setting for jp 8 to 12V is just a safeguard. I talked to the person that tuned the S2000 TK and he said burning up the ignition system won't happen. The reason it's a safeguard is because for some vehicles a 5V output doesn't always output exactly 5V, so it causes issues. When you set it to 12V output, it sends a full 5V (in those cases). He did not know that it works fine on the 5V output setting, but he usually always puts JP8 on 12V out as this 'safeguard'. In cases like this one, when jp7 is set to 5V input, it doesn' t matter that JP8 is set at 12V b/c it won't output more than 5V max since you have 5V input. So the fact that you guys already know the car works fine at 5V output is cool...it just means we know it'll work with JP8 set to both 5V and 12V.

I also talked to them about the JP17 deal and the settings shown in the table are correct, it's the description of JP17 on the following 2 pages that is wrong. So VTM is actually Open and Karman output is 1-2. This is proven with the factory settings. Factory settings for JP16 & 17 are Open and 1-2 respectively. From the factory it should be set on Karman IN & Karman OUT, JP16 factory setting matches for Karman IN (Open) and JP17 should be set to 1-2 for karman OUT which is reflected in the factory setting showing 1-2. He said greddy wouldn't have it so the factory settings would be Karman IN and VTM out (which is what you guys are suggesting by stating that the table is wrong). And this makes sense once you think about it. There IS a typo, but its not on the table, it's on the next pages in the description of JP17. Hope that made sense.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by 858integ,May 18 2007, 10:23 AM
In regards to JP 7 & 8, the greddy setting for jp 8 to 12V is just a safeguard. I talked to the person that tuned the S2000 TK and he said burning up the ignition system won't happen.
I will take Slows recommendation, Twiztid and my experience over Greddy
Old 05-18-2007, 09:32 AM

My highlighted settings are correct and have been proven many times over .

Even for JP 17 . Set it to 1-2 this is the VTM option

The table is the typo , the written section is correct .

Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM

Just passing on the word, no one took the initiative to call GReddy so i talked to them about the issues at hand. I trust greddy in that, sure they might be new to tuning the ultimate on the s2000, but they are certainly not new to using it overall.

And no sarcasm in this next statement at all, but do you guys have proof that setting JP8 to 12V will for sure damage the ign circuit or is it just a theory?

But anyway, it's not a big deal. Both settings work for JP8 and that is proven for SURE. nothing to get all twisted about. Scareyourpassenger wanted to know why the settings were different between this thread and what greddy recommended so that's what i helped bring to the table.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:52 AM

We have tried both voltage settings with no issue . But I prefer the 5v setting .

Everyone in this thread has called Greddy at one time or another . Greddy at one point told people it would not work in the S2000 because they were sick of the calls . But in truth we already had about 5 cars using it without a issue .

So I called Greddy one day and asked why they were telling everyone that . They said it was not supported . So I asked why was the F20c a option in the dropdown menu and he did not know what to say . then I proceeded to tell him that we have them working fine and have had no issues with them on the S2000. He still did not know what to tell me . All I told him is if he does not want me to support his product then keep telling the customers what they want , you are only hurting yourselves .

I am a Greddy dealer , and use the Ultimate in everything . 9/10 the end users and communities debug the problem before Greddy does . We went through the same crap with the 350z.

Quick Reply: E-manage Ultimate 101