JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

E-manage Ultimate 101

Old 12-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

O.K.so when do we meet in Manchvegas,and who's coming???
Old 12-03-2006, 08:24 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

[QUOTE=zbrewha863,Dec 2 2006, 11:46 PM] What is an AFSC?
Old 12-03-2006, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok yeah, very familiar with those. I saw those letters in an acronym and then saw "running lean" in the same sentence and assumed you were tuning with a VAFC

So where are we at with this? What does v2.0 of EU actually do, has it fixed the bugs? Do I need to modify my boomslang harness?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zbrewha863,Dec 3 2006, 11:04 PM
Ok yeah, very familiar with those. I saw those letters in an acronym and then saw "running lean" in the same sentence and assumed you were tuning with a VAFC

So where are we at with this? What does v2.0 of EU actually do, has it fixed the bugs? Do I need to modify my boomslang harness?
No need to mod harness as the Boomslang Harness no longer wires in the speed function .

V2.0 - Greddy has not issues a white paper on the fixes and new applications .

We can confirm that 2.0 is need for MY06 or you WILL burn coils out in a matter of days due to the ECU staying on for throttle checks and what not due to the DBW system .
Old 01-15-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all of the info Twiztid, I was just checking in with this thread to see if anyone else has installed an EU yet, and/or if MugenRioS2K or anyone else has found a way to fix the few bugs that remain (i.e. VSS, "the erroneously low WCT dash display and the erroneously low ULT data log sensor readings", etc.)?

Basically I'm very interested in putting one of these in my S2000, and I know a tuner in the area who says that he has tuned them several times but never on an S2000, so I just wanted to make sure of what I needed to know before going to the tuner. From what I understand right now, I can plug-n-play the Boomslang harness, drive around for ~20min, pay for 2 hours of tuning and be out the door ready to go, I just can't currently use the EU to adjust the VSS or run signals to any aftermarket gauges (which I do not need to do right now anyway, it would just be easier if I didn't have to buy a yellow box and play trial-and-error with that SOB).

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers, especially Twiztid and Giles for pioneering much of this on the S2000s. Part of the reason for this post is that I noticed on Greddy's website that they released a software update on Jan. 1, so I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge/experience on what this update does?
Old 01-16-2007, 05:34 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I have not had the ULT in for some time; its still acting as a paper weight on my desk.

It will eventually be reinstalled just have not got back around to it. With on going testing with the exhaust I am making;I want to compare the power numbers with the exhaust on the stock ECU with only the fuel pressure being adjusted to correct A/Fs if required.

Major things/design work I am involved in going on right now at my local shop
1) SCCA legal/approved bolt in 6pt roll bar for the S2k (8 pt cage will come later)
2) F1 sounding exhaust with out drone (not FI friendly ....yet)

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...&f=12&t=452037 << has a video of the exhaust sound and some other stuff regarding the ongoing projects.

Not to mention looking for a House and my regular 9-5 job as a lead systems integration & lead mechanical engineer.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by zbrewha863,Jan 16 2007, 02:13 AM
Thanks for all of the info Twiztid, I was just checking in with this thread to see if anyone else has installed an EU yet, and/or if MugenRioS2K or anyone else has found a way to fix the few bugs that remain (i.e. VSS, "the erroneously low WCT dash display and the erroneously low ULT data log sensor readings", etc.)?

Basically I'm very interested in putting one of these in my S2000, and I know a tuner in the area who says that he has tuned them several times but never on an S2000, so I just wanted to make sure of what I needed to know before going to the tuner. From what I understand right now, I can plug-n-play the Boomslang harness, drive around for ~20min, pay for 2 hours of tuning and be out the door ready to go, I just can't currently use the EU to adjust the VSS or run signals to any aftermarket gauges (which I do not need to do right now anyway, it would just be easier if I didn't have to buy a yellow box and play trial-and-error with that SOB).

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers, especially Twiztid and Giles for pioneering much of this on the S2000s. Part of the reason for this post is that I noticed on Greddy's website that they released a software update on Jan. 1, so I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge/experience on what this update does?
2.0 is updates for my06 . It fixes the issue of blowing coils in the 06 because the DBW leave somethings live when you turn the key off. This was a issue in the Z car when it was first introduced .

Vss I have not tested as I have never need to use it yet . But as I mentioned before you need to wire it in as per Yellow box instructions if it is to work . It will never work through the Boomslang harness.

Not sure if Giles know if 2.0 fixed the WTemp input signal yet . Never needed it as the factory ecu will compensate .

But I can give this new info for all that say it does not work for FI ----- FALSE . We have a 01 running a UR turbo kit and the E-Ultimate with no issue and part throttle is much improved over the blue . Only extras needed for FI is the Greddy pressure sensor and harness . This was with 600cc injectors.

I have had lots of calls and people tell me they could not get it work on a FI car .It worked first try for us we did not have to do anything special . I find it is more tuner lack of ability . Like I said we have been using them on boosted Z's for awhile , I did not see why it would not work for the S. What I see is the tuners I have been talking to dont seen to understand the concept of logging the factory fuel trim to keep the ECU happy before tuning for power .
Old 01-17-2007, 12:15 PM
d-j

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Jan 16 2007, 09:08 AM
I have had lots of calls and people tell me they could not get it work on a FI car....I find it is more tuner lack of ability.
I guess I qualify as one of
Old 01-17-2007, 01:33 PM

They are still having issues???

I dont know how they expected to do it in the first place if they had no way to read fuel trim ??
Old 01-17-2007, 02:21 PM
d-j

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Jan 17 2007, 04:33 PM
They are still having issues???
Yes.

I sent an email, this afternoon, to a friend of yours.
Interested in a trip to St. Louis?

Quick Reply: E-manage Ultimate 101