JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

E-manage Ultimate 101

Old 07-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Yeah, I am following the suggestions in this thread religiously. I will try to go with version 1.14 because that seems to fit with all the settings in this thread. Just don't want to accidentally leave something done by the PO in place for his dodge screw up my Honda. A rev limiter, or timing map or something. Just wanted to know if there was a quicky way to zero out the whole unit.

The injectors on the EMU and the SOT kit come later. I just bought a couple more pieces. Injectors, exhaust, and wider wheels and rubber. I'd like to order the roots next March if they are still availible then.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mugenrios2k thanks for the reply that is exactly what I was asking about. So you just throw it into open loop at 20% (for Forced Induction setup) & let the EU tune with the afr option using the wideband signal, eh.

How is that working for you, is the EU and wideband fast enough to tune without trouble? Have you watched your AFR's or checked it out on the dyno?
Also at what Throttle Position does the ECU go into open loop & anyone using this option on a NA car?

Thanks,
Ed
Old 07-07-2008, 08:37 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Open loop conditions is different between the AP1 and the AP2

I have found that open loop transition conditions that the (AP2) Stock ECU looks for is
Approx 80% TPS area
+
Manifold pressures are in the -20kPa to -10kPa area.

I just happen to trick my ECU into open loop when I am at an actual TPS angle of about 20% since I am at 2-3psi in as little as 25% TPS ( which varies depending on ambient temps, Colder the air the sooner boost comes in.) Got to love having a ROOTS supercharger.

The Wideband is working good for me. But you just [B]can
Old 07-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Given what you just posted above Mark, if I have a preinstalled emanage with a boomslang air and water, will I need to modify the harness or gett a different one to wire the wideband? (for SOT)

And does the SOT kit (non-you tune) come with this setup or was that something you added?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:45 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

You will need to get the A/F plug ( 2 wires white and gray) from Greddy.

Approx $15 for the A/F plug.

Your boomslang should be fine as it was not necessary to modulate/change the TPS voltage to trick the AP1 computer into open loop sooner.

When you pick up the U-tune kit I will send you the AP1 tunes that are being used on the AP1 beta tester cars.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:29 PM

I didn't mean I wanted to trick the ecu into open loop at %20 I meant that's what you have done with your FI setup. I want to tune open loop after the ecu has jumped over to open loop itself.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:14 PM

Hey guys, just editing this post as i have figured out several of my own questions. All that remains are the following, if anyone can give me pointers or pics please do.

On the install, do you run under the plastic peice along the door to go behind the seat? If so does anyone have pics of where it comes out also. Where the ECU is located, does anyone have pics of it there? My side panel is bulged out now blocking half of my dead pedal and gets in the way!

The control of vtec is not working. I set it to turn on in the Aux map. In datalog it shows that it is on at 5600rpm, but the vtec in part still says Lo. Then switches to Hi at normal vtec engadgement from stock ecu.

Why does ignition timing on datalog read like -145 degrees sometimes? And at idle its like 2 or 3 degrees.

As for the 2 step limiter, i got it working, but dont think i have the volt reading for vss set right. I set it to like 12 but it seems once the car gets a smidge roll going from letting off break it doesnt work. Anyone have any recommended settings?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:06 AM

Hi guys I have a couple of questions. What is the U- Tune kit that Mugenrio is talking about? Also I have 2 harnesses for my Emu due the my first unit being non compatible with the s2k. Yes that
Old 07-27-2008, 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=Artisan7471,Jul 26 2008, 10:06 AM] Hi guys I have a couple of questions. What is the U- Tune kit that Mugenrio is talking about? Also I have 2 harnesses for my Emu due the my first unit being non compatible with the s2k. Yes that
Old 07-28-2008, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by moe6,Jul 27 2008, 07:36 PM
just so everyone knows, and maybe for anyone to be wary of buying it on ebay, "replica" versions of e-manage blue and ultimate surfaced here in Malaysia late last year, from China (obviously ).

I believe even GReddy had a warning about this also shortly after.
Is there a way to identify them? I have bought mine from Mohd, but a friend keeps asking me why there's no logo on it, it's on his ULT.

Andreas

Quick Reply: E-manage Ultimate 101