JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

E-manage Ultimate 101

Old 05-29-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McHeizer,May 28 2007, 08:36 PM
I got mine from Boomslang in August '06.
Didn't have the time and everything to install it so far

Q1:
They changed the VSS signal at some point...how do I know I need to mod the harness? And if so, what needs to be done?

Q2:
what are my settings for jp13 & jp14 with the knock & air options in the harness?

Thanks for your help!
JP 13 OPEN
JP 14 1-2

as far as the speed sensor wiring .

Look to see if you have wires in the Boomslang harness on pins 40 and 41 on connector C . If not then you are good to go .

If so check and see if they are tied into the ecu and harness side of the connector . One should go to each side of the T harness. If this is the case you need to take the two wire and cut them or depin the Greddy side of the harness and tie them together so it will be a straight through connection just like the all the green wires that just pass through from the ecu side to the connector side .

S2k Kidd . I normally go for Knock and Water , even though I dont use either to tune . I like to have it there just for future inputs if needed .
Old 05-29-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twiztid,May 29 2007, 04:09 PM
JP 13 OPEN
JP 14 1-2

Look to see if you have wires in the Boomslang harness on pins 40 and 41 on connector C . If not then you are good to go .

If so check and see if they are tied into the ecu and harness side of the connector . One should go to each side of the T harness. If this is the case you need to take the two wire and cut them or depin the Greddy side of the harness and tie them together so it will be a straight through connection just like the all the green wires that just pass through from the ecu side to the connector side .

S2k Kidd . I normally go for Knock and Water , even though I dont use either to tune . I like to have it there just for future inputs if needed .
what are you thoughts on the "tune your own afr" that EU offers. you know, where you tell if what AFR you want and it makes its own tune?

how does that even work? im assuming you HAVE to have a wideband for this? is there any beginner setup, can i plug it in and fiddle with it?
Old 05-29-2007, 03:53 PM

THANK you Twiztid!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:32 AM

Hi Scott,

thanks for sharing informations about e-manage.
If I use stock injectors on my s2000 why do I have to know the long
term fuel trim ? Can I tune without knowing it actual value. ?

I tough that by driving the car for a while and having the fuel trim
stabilised would be enough without actually knowing its value.

Where can I get stock injectors latency ? is this necessary ?

Wich option should I choose for pnp harness ? (this one was already posted but I didnt find the answer.)

Best regards

Michel
Old 05-30-2007, 10:50 AM

Hey scott do you have any ap2 na basemaps I could use as a foundation for my tune?

Thanks

Matt
Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by mpower22,May 30 2007, 01:50 PM
Hey scott do you have any ap2 na basemaps I could use as a foundation for my tune?

Thanks

Matt
Sorry we are not allowed to give out base maps ( under contract ).

Giles and Holyroller Dyno own all rights to the maps as he is our tuner .

Plus no two maps that we have done are alike as we tune them to each cars specific needs from scratch . Giles can do most tunes within 2 hr at worst from scratch .

Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Twiztid,May 29 2007, 06:09 PM

Pardon my ignorance (I am reading this thread getting ready to tackle installing my cams and my EMU that are both stuck in UPS land) but if I am reading this correctly they (boomslang) corrected the ability to use the speedo correction function of the EMU? I ask as I recently installed my 4.57 gears and this would be a nice alternative to installing the yellow box I have (not to mention the money i could get back from selling it ). Also Greddy does offer a plug and play harness for the EMU and the S2K. Price wise its very similar to the boomslang harness however I think it is rather short comparatively. This is all based purely on product pictures I have seen...so take it with a moderate size of salt. I do wonder if the Greddy harness would offer any difference to anything the boomslang has.

Lastly, this thread would lead me to believe that it is pretty much pointless to run a wideband (other than on initial tune). I have access to a wideband and was wondering how difficult it would be to link it into the EMU for the A/F target tuning. Similar to what I think MugenRioS2k was discussing I think it would be best to set base maps on the EMU with this method and then tune for additional power on the dyno. I think this might be my best approach as my tuner has never tuned an S2K and might provide a decent starting point.

Thanks for any input...I can't wait to get my new toys.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:00 AM

No , the new Boomslang harness will not let you use the speed feature . Reason being is you cant modify the speed signal at the ecu or you get a check light .

I have not tried using the EU to correct the speed reading from gears yet . But if it was to work you need to interrupt the wire in the same location as the yellow box does.

As far as the wideband , I would not call it pointless , I would call it piece of mind . It is a good tool to make sure everything is on point after the install to monitor AFR before something bad happens . I have never needed the target feature as everything is thrown on the dyno and we have never had a tune change on us . I would be interested to see how well it works though .

What cams did you get . I would be interested in seeing the results .
Old 06-15-2007, 05:30 AM

Any suggestion on widebands? I was leaning toward picking up the Inovative LC-1.

As for the cams they are skunk2 stage 2 cams, I wanted to put what is being shown in post one of this thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=493949&hl= to the test. They were fairly "cheap" in comparison to other options that have been available. I am mainly interested to see if they actually produce power unlike most other off the shelf cams (the hytech being as far as I can tell the lone exception to this rule). I plan to document as much as I can/remember to once it all gets here and I do it.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:34 PM

I have the Innovate LC-1 kit.
However it's still sitting in my box of "to-be-installed"...waiting on the berk header to install everything.

The LC-1 display has an output plug, very handy!
I'm planing to feed the wideband signal from there into the EMU to use the A/F target function just as you described it.

Quick Reply: E-manage Ultimate 101