JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Best single outlet exhaust for AP2

Old 02-01-2007 | 10:06 AM

3inch has shown to make power, it just has to be tuned correctly.
Old 02-01-2007 | 11:08 AM

silver j - I was originally skeptical about going with a 3" exhuast. However, as others have mentioned, when paired with the right header and good tuning, 3" shows the best peak gains. You just have to make sure there isn't a huge bottle-neck. For example, you can't weld 3" piping straight out of the header. You need the biggest header around (J's racing is an excellent choice), and a gradual step up pipe to make the exhaust flow smoothly. Tuned on an AEM EMS, this setup gives immense peak gains, along with a nicely improved midrange thanks to the header.

TommieB - Yes, my exhaust is extremely loud. That's how I like em
Old 02-01-2007 | 12:06 PM

I like the loud version also
But, there are some girls and other passengers that thinks other..hehe.

I cant decide what way to go, big loud powermaking, or the more modest version. I use my car like DDcar so, there are some probs if i start my car lik 0630 in the morning and I wake up 2block when I'm trying to go to work
I dont need to collect more angry neibours heh.

But open header will win every time, look at F1
Or DTM, oldschool were some people that talked certin size were for 2.0L 240hp engins, but thats history today. We have the tuning with all benefits that brings.

toofast4yalll: dont you have rules on trackdays on Db?

We do here in Sweden
95Db maximum...! Doh!
Old 02-01-2007 | 12:28 PM

T1R v.2 63mm...i love the look plus the sound...not too loud..no drone..its awesome

Old 02-01-2007 | 09:20 PM

My car is a DD too. My gf told me tonight that her neighbors hate me lol. I get off work at 11 and get there around 11:20 every night, so I'm sure they appreciate me keeping it in 2nd gear all the way through the neighborhood. Haha no we don't have sound rules. We do have a state law that says 85Db, I'm sure I'm plenty past that. My exhaust sets off car alarms every time I drive through a parking lot.
Old 02-02-2007 | 04:12 PM

anyone have the ASM exhaust? I was thinking about getting a 3" oval muffler like the Turbo XS 3" muffler and making my own since i've been practicing with welding. But i wasnt sure if that would make power or not....

are there any differences between the N1 style mufflers and the oval ASM style mufflers? I really want a single but my Speed N1 single might be too loud for my area.
Old 02-02-2007 | 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by TommieB,Feb 1 2007, 04:06 PM
toofast4yalll: dont you have rules on trackdays on Db?

We do here in Sweden
95Db maximum...! Doh!
Yes, most tracks do have dB restrictions. I'm not too sure how often they are enforced though.

Running a 2.5L motor, I'm considering adding a single exhaust for the track and tuning for it. If I drive it on the street, I'll just throw the Invidia back on- can't stand the single exhaust on the S2000. I'm considering both the T1R 70mm and the Inline 3". I only have a Rick's header currently.
Old 02-03-2007 | 05:52 AM

People always say "too loud for my area." I live one the OSU campus with the loudest exhaust I've heard on an S2k. My cousin is a cop and I took him for a ride in my car. He didn't say anything about it being too loud and I took it to redline in 1st-4th. My parents live down the street from a cop and he said he's never pulled anyone over for exhaust. Who cares if you piss a few people off, that's the fun of these cars My favorite thing is pulling into the local MAG (ferrari, lotus, bentley, porsche, maserati) dealership and setting off car alarms. Long live the loud ass single exhaust!
Old 02-03-2007 | 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by toofast4yalll,Feb 3 2007, 09:52 AM
People always say "too loud for my area." I live one the OSU campus with the loudest exhaust I've heard on an S2k. My cousin is a cop and I took him for a ride in my car. He didn't say anything about it being too loud and I took it to redline in 1st-4th. My parents live down the street from a cop and he said he's never pulled anyone over for exhaust. Who cares if you piss a few people off, that's the fun of these cars My favorite thing is pulling into the local MAG (ferrari, lotus, bentley, porsche, maserati) dealership and setting off car alarms. Long live the loud ass single exhaust!
you havent lived in northern virginia, specifically fairfax, where i know a handful of people who have gotten pulled over for an exhaust fix-it ticket. it creates the most revenue in the county which is the reason fairfax is one of the richest counties in no. va....

it is nice to have the power and extra hp, but a $100 fix it ticket isnt 'fun'...at least not for me
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by infinity_racer,Feb 2 2007, 05:12 PM
anyone have the ASM exhaust?
I have the ASM 70mm and love it It sounds stock at idle and barely louder than stock (about 350z loud) when cruising up to speed limit (shifting around 4-4500 rpm's). At WOT its characteristics change completely the tone and volume get very aggressive (not as loud as Invidia, or Amuse R1000 though).

I drove a few S's with the ASM 60mm and it sounds like stock during all driving situations (Almost too quiet )

I used to have a JIC Ti single and it was farely loud, but very light weight. The downside to this exhaust was the rattle caused when the resonator welds broke (also had this issue with the Magnaflow Ti which was discontinued due to the issue )

Quick Reply: Best single outlet exhaust for AP2