JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

asm rear overfender question

Old 07-24-2008, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are Arrows fenders from japan... they are 79800 Yens for all four piece... and 39900 for just the rear ...

that equal to about roughly $400 plus shipping plus custom.. total about $500 or less to get it in your door step.... they run a LOT more wider than J's rear fender... 45mm wider front and rear.... you would need to mold that in to look decent
Old 07-24-2008, 07:30 PM

^^^ any website for reference?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an update. I've been a bit of a perfectionist on the flares I've been working on. Well I made a set partially by eye and the left and right came out to be a little bit different than each other. I threw them out and made a set by the following:

1.) Laying a layer of fiberglass on the car
2.) Taking that piece and cutting (6) 3/4" strips horizontally
3.) Taking that cut piece and placing that on 3/4" piece of board to trace the curve that will touch the body and using match calcs to draw up the outside curve.
4.) Stacked the 2 boards and cut the shapes out for each of the 6 (x2 for the other side)
5.) Took a radius tool to measure the vertical radius and shaped this to the wood blocks
6.) Added a layer of fiberglass to the car and glued the blocks at a measured frequency between vertical spacing.
7.) Filled the gaps in between the "skeleton" with body filler (bondo) and sanded down
8.) Repeated for the other side

Now I am waiting for more molding gel coat to arrive so I can make a new mold. Both sides are identical now!!! BTW I made a mold of the ASM flares and they came out to perfection. That half is a done deal.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take the whole she-bang, asm flare replica, and the add on pieces.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:39 PM

um... they just updated the site.. and some how their new site don't have much information on their products...

the best source of information, would be the newest issue of HyperRev....

but honestly, I thought about the arrow as well... but after looking at it for a while... i can't stand how ugly it looks....

really looking foward to TrackStar's version though... cause I have been talking to body shop regarding finishing the ASM piece as well...but if TrackStar can start something with a mold... it would be a lot of easier then custom made from body shop...

I also remember a member called Panda did a custom extension as well... but I didn't really like how his turned out....
Old 07-31-2008, 04:51 AM

I am waiting for my shop to paint my car (this weekend) before I post real pics, but I owe you guys a "proof of life" on this. I will upload a camera phone pic if there is still light when I get home from the day job.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackStar,Jul 31 2008, 05:51 AM
I am waiting for my shop to paint my car (this weekend) before I post real pics, but I owe you guys a "proof of life" on this. I will upload a camera phone pic if there is still light when I get home from the day job.
Can't wait to see it. How long do you think you'll be making these anyway? I ask because I was hoping to buy one right away, but just made a big purchase in another area and may have to wait a month or so.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Jul 31 2008, 09:48 AM
Can't wait to see it. How long do you think you'll be making these anyway? I ask because I was hoping to buy one right away, but just made a big purchase in another area and may have to wait a month or so.
I put soooo much time into these so don't worry- I'll make them to order as I'll have the mold readily available. I already spent hundreds on materials trying out different ideas and such. I wanted these to fit PERFECT so I kept redoing them. Although now I have acheived this, it was very hard to add material and keep the vertical and horizontal curve on these. I think the heat from the body filler kept causing them to flatten a little. What I realize in retrospect is that even the ASM flares aren't flush to the body- you need to bolt them to the car first to make them accept the curve. Also the ASM flares, from which I made a mold aren't completely identical either (or my car is slightly different side to side). Once bolted up one would never know this, but again I'm a perfectionist
Old 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM

Great Trackstar! Can't wait to see the final product.
Biggest respect for putting the time, and hard work into this!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RESPEC!

Quick Reply: asm rear overfender question