JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

amuse r1 bumper

Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok.. thanks for the info..
Old 08-25-2005, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue03s2k,Aug 24 2005, 07:59 PM
it looks good but he need to drop that thing.. hehehe
I know he wants to drop his, mine isn't dropped yet either. I'd like to get all I can out of the stock suspension before I upgrade, and from what I've seen there isn't a suspension that upgrades the OEM stuff under $2000 Right now the KW V.3's look like the ticket, but all the JDM (Tein, BC, JIC, etc) make the car handle worse from what I've seen and heard. To me, better lap times is more important than a slammed ride.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,Aug 25 2005, 06:40 PM
but all the JDM (Tein, BC, JIC, etc) make the car handle worse from what I've seen and heard. To me, better lap times is more important than a slammed ride.
thats not always true.... it all depends on your driving skills and on the way you drive the car.... not everyone will drive the S the exact same way... and you need to get a setup that will help and improve your driving.. not someone elses...

just cause one person says his car handles better and he gets better lap times with the BC's doesn't mean it'll do the same for you....

to each their own... once thing could work for you but not for the next guy.. and vise versa....
Old 08-25-2005, 06:24 PM

Dylan, go for the amuse, it would look dope on your car, and you can spend the extra 700 on paint...
Old 08-25-2005, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by blue03s2k,Aug 25 2005, 06:31 PM
thats not always true.... it all depends on your driving skills and on the way you drive the car.... not everyone will drive the S the exact same way... and you need to get a setup that will help and improve your driving.. not someone elses...

just cause one person says his car handles better and he gets better lap times with the BC's doesn't mean it'll do the same for you....

to each their own... once thing could work for you but not for the next guy.. and vise versa....
I understand that, but I've been setting up race car suspensions for a while, the one thing the S2000 requires, is a good deal of shock travel, hence the remote resv. on the stock rear shocks. Now take an under $2500 JDM rear C/O and put in next to the OEM rear shock. You'll see that you lost 2.5-3" of shock travel, hence the JDM shock requires higher valving so it doesn't bottom out easily. Some JDM shocks are valved really stiff to compensate for this, their ride quality is usually listed as harsh, and they are valved too stiff for regular street tires. I honestly wouldn't put any C/O package on my car that doesn't have a lot of shock travel with remote resv's or a pretty big piston dia.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:00 PM

Also of note, remember on top of that, you're lowering or in most peoples cases, slamming the car, further decreasing the shocks travel distance.

If you don't believe what I'm saying, look into "bump test". Take a piece of a bumper stop, cut it so it's really slim, put it around the shaft of the shock at the bottom against the shock body, then go around a really sharp turn then take the wheel off, and look how far up that shaft the piece went, good chance it went all the way up to the bump stop, now do that with someones OEM shocks, and I bet there's atleast 1/2 - 1 inch left easily. So imagine of you're going around a turn and your close to bottoming out the shock, and you hit a little bump in the road, you'll find yourself sliding out of control pretty quickly.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:03 PM

Oh yeah, one more thing, if you got the R1 bumper, were you going to paint the whole thing blue, or paint the top blue and the lip looking bottom half another color? (hoping you'll say all blue)
Old 08-25-2005, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by VeilsideAP1,Aug 25 2005, 10:24 PM
Dylan, go for the amuse, it would look dope on your car, and you can spend the extra 700 on paint...
... $700 paint job on the bumper better be one hell of a good paint job.. hahahahaha... but good point.. ....

i'm leaning towards the R1.. ....
Old 08-25-2005, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,Aug 25 2005, 11:03 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing, if you got the R1 bumper, were you going to paint the whole thing blue, or paint the top blue and the lip looking bottom half another color? (hoping you'll say all blue)
i'm gonna paint the top part blue.. and then the bottom part pink... bahahaha. on my.. i almost spit my drink out on that one hahahaha..

yes i'll paint it ALL BLUE... .... i like the clean/simple look.... nothing crazy... when i get my vented hood i'll also be painting that blue also...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:11 PM

and yeah i understand what you're talking about when it comes to the suspension...

Quick Reply: amuse r1 bumper