Jacksonville 1st Coast S2000 Owners

S2000 & Coffee Sundays (Location changes weekly)

Old 02-08-2015, 06:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey guys. Sorry to sound really pathetic if this does... but I've been looking at getting an s2k for quite a while now and hopefully soon will be able to. I'm excited to be able to attend the meetups and cruises and meet everyone once I get the s2k. I posted on the s2ki jax page yesterday about getting one soon and whoever runs it told me to come out and meet everyone and learn about the car some more. I'd love to come out soon! Only issue is (on my end), I went through a really bad breakup a few months ago (I had to file a police report it got so bad), and unfortunately he's fairly well known among some of the car community, but he tends to show up at most of the car events around town. Given what happened, it makes me nervous to show up to these events without really knowing anyone beforehand. Unfortunately, I don't really have any other car friends currently who could go with me to these events to help with the nerves either... so I am reaching out on here. If anyone wants to chat about whatever, be it s2k's or cars or just about anything, and give me some sense of knowing someone before going to these events, that would GREATLY help me out. I'm not usually one for reaching out, but I do really want to be part of the car community more, especially the s2k community in Jax once I get mine! I feel kind of weird since I don't have one yet, but I don't think it hurts to establish some rapport beforehand. So I guess let me know what you guys think!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Two-of-Swords
Hey guys. Sorry to sound really pathetic if this does... but I've been looking at getting an s2k for quite a while now and hopefully soon will be able to. I'm excited to be able to attend the meetups and cruises and meet everyone once I get the s2k. I posted on the s2ki jax page yesterday about getting one soon and whoever runs it told me to come out and meet everyone and learn about the car some more. I'd love to come out soon! Only issue is (on my end), I went through a really bad breakup a few months ago (I had to file a police report it got so bad), and unfortunately he's fairly well known among some of the car community, but he tends to show up at most of the car events around town. Given what happened, it makes me nervous to show up to these events without really knowing anyone beforehand. Unfortunately, I don't really have any other car friends currently who could go with me to these events to help with the nerves either... so I am reaching out on here. If anyone wants to chat about whatever, be it s2k's or cars or just about anything, and give me some sense of knowing someone before going to these events, that would GREATLY help me out. I'm not usually one for reaching out, but I do really want to be part of the car community more, especially the s2k community in Jax once I get mine! I feel kind of weird since I don't have one yet, but I don't think it hurts to establish some rapport beforehand. So I guess let me know what you guys think!
Well I don't know what to say about your personal situation but I can tell you our s2000 group is pretty drama free. I'm guessing your name is Erin right? There is a good group meeting up this week on Saturday at bold bean. It will be just a handful of s2000 owners. I'm not sure what groups your ex meets with but if it's not an s2000 there's a good chance we don't know him. Feel free to stop by. There isn't a question we can't answer about the car so make sure you bring questions. Or just come out for good coffee.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:42 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry to hear about the horrible breakup. I was the one that responded to your post. It gets a little confusing at times, there are 3 of us that operate the s2ki jax Facebook page, so there is no easy way to tell who posts what. We have a really nice, diverse group of people here, so you shouldn't be nervous to come out. With that being said, I still understand the hesitance. Feel free to ask questions here, you can use the messenger function on this site, or I can send you a message on Facebook if you would like.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by jimreaper
Originally Posted by Two-of-Swords' timestamp='1423451064' post='23498674
Well I don't know what to say about your personal situation but I can tell you our s2000 group is pretty drama free. I'm guessing your name is Erin right? There is a good group meeting up this week on Saturday at bold bean. It will be just a handful of s2000 owners. I'm not sure what groups your ex meets with but if it's not an s2000 there's a good chance we don't know him. Feel free to stop by. There isn't a question we can't answer about the car so make sure you bring questions. Or just come out for good coffee.
That's good. It's just odd given the situation of why I had to file the police report and such. I don't have a problem with him, I just don't know what to expect from him given his past actions. And I actually go by my middle name, Lindsey, so you can call me that! And given what I have seen, I don't think you guys do, but I never know. He's part of JaxBimmers and does a bunch with that group, and I know they go to cars and coffee and other meets and such, so that's what I was most concerned about. But sounds good. I'll see what I can do. Good coffee is never a bad thing :] Thanks!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
Sorry to hear about the horrible breakup. I was the one that responded to your post. It gets a little confusing at times, there are 3 of us that operate the s2ki jax Facebook page, so there is no easy way to tell who posts what. We have a really nice, diverse group of people here, so you shouldn't be nervous to come out. With that being said, I still understand the hesitance. Feel free to ask questions here, you can use the messenger function on this site, or I can send you a message on Facebook if you would like.
Thanks. And yeah, I couldn't tell who was responding on the page, and I didn't want to awkwardly send out a bunch of facebook messages... so I figured this would work! The group seems like a lot of fun. I think once I go out once and meet people I'll feel better, it's just that initial stepping out into something new that's odd, especially given the recent happenings. Facebook is usually the easiest way for me to communicate over the internet, so if you could send me a message on there, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should definitely come out. With or without a s2k, we welcome all. I won't be at the Saturday meet but I will be at our Sunday meet. Feel free to add me on Feb if you'd like, Ray Drake .
Old 02-09-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

This Saturday is the actual cars and coffee meet, so we meet for coffee around 8 instead of 9. Then drive to Cars and Coffee.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:18 PM

May call out Saturday
Old 02-10-2015, 07:59 AM

I think it's time to show up to one of our meets... It's been too long...
Old 02-10-2015, 08:14 AM

What the hell stop you before lol.

Quick Reply: S2000 & Coffee Sundays (Location changes weekly)