Jacksonville 1st Coast S2000 Owners
View Poll Results: Do you want a new CO?
Yes
57.69%
No
11.54%
Maybe
3.85%
Just show me the results
26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Discuss the possibility of new CO

Old 03-26-2010, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discuss the possibility of new CO

I moved the discussion about nominating a CO to its own thread. A new CO is probably the best thing for this community. I have received numerous text and emails about my other post in the Tuesday forum. Everyone seems to agree with me. They also want Derek to become the new CO. Derek the community is calling on you to revive this forum. No pressure at all.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:39 PM

Ouch. But I'll take that in stride. My new job dominates my life. I don't know what to say. As the community lost strength I almost lost interest.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:41 PM

Ryan you know me and the S have nothing but love for you! But its time...
Old 03-26-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous_Spec,Mar 26 2010, 06:39 PM
Ouch. But I'll take that in stride. My new job dominates my life. I don't know what to say. As the community lost strength I almost lost interest.
Ryan please do not take this personally. I am sure you are aware the community has gone down hill for awhile now. The role is very demanding. You have your job thats taking up most of your time. Even Robert step down cause it was taking a toll on his personal life other than s2ki. This isnt a easy job. I dont think I could of done as good of job as you and I want to thank you for your hard work and effort. You have setup some amazing meets in the past.

I hope after this there is no hard feelings. I am only doing this in the best interest in the s2ki community.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:50 PM

I feel like a bad ship captain or something. :-(. It's like I'm Jack Sparrow. Lol. I'm not going to make excuses. I'm just ready to see where this goes.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:17 PM

Now what? Lol is everyone just refreshing the page?
Old 03-26-2010, 03:20 PM

I do not attend many meets but that was because everything always stayed too far south for me. So if we get someone new I recommend meets need to be spread out and not on a work night. Good luck to whoever takes over and steps up. When you only control one community it makes it much tougher than my situation where we are a state as a whole. It will demand a lot from the successor since this community wants an active leader that keeps people involved!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:52 PM

Ryan! You are not a bad captain. . .plus Jack Sparrow is HAWT! But I personally think that your job is taking a toll on you. You can't even come out to the meets anymore b/c you are working all the time. That is why you are not to blame. This community definitely needs someone who is willing to take absolute control. It's like anarchy in the JAX forum right now lol. You know we love you And I hope you get to start showing up to the meets more often. I miss your skinny girl pants wearing ass.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:16 PM

I will put my two cents in here. Many of you know me and can vouch for my character. I have been an avid supporter of s2ki and especially the jax community. I have performed the duties as a CO and I have organized many meets as only a member. The title of CO is just that. A title. The community did not die because of Ryan. It died because you, the community, let it. You do not need a CO to have a vibrant community. We went years without a designated CO and we made it work.

However, if Ryan is too busy to an effective leader he should step down and let someone else take the reigns. Ryan has done an outstanding job as CO. I applaud you, Ryan.

I do think that Ryan does not have the time required to devote the attention required as a CO. Some fresh blood might help revive the jax group but ultimately it is up to the members to support THEIR elected CO.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:57 PM

Quick Reply: Discuss the possibility of new CO