Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

WRX owner looking to make the switch.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an S2000 when I was 18, it was an '01 so like stated above, much less forgiving then the 04's+. Certainly a good car, and not for beginners. I now consider myself an above average driver, and that car could really test you. As long as you respect it, it will treat you well. Good luck with it, amazing car. I can honestly see myself getting back into one in the future.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wrx,Aug 18 2008, 02:08 PM
I appreciate the feedback guys, and thanks for not drilling into me saying how I don't deserve an S2000 at 17 years old. The one I'm looking at is a 2006. Looks like I need a test drive and if I get it hit up a few auto-x to learn the car a bit in a controlled environment.
This statement alone shows you are wise beyond your years.

But don't get cocky.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:27 PM
wrx

Ok, I'm sure I didn't leave anyone wondering if I got one or not but I'll update this anyway...

Just got back from the dealer and test drove a yellow 2006 AP2. The handling is definitely great, but it's not the car for me. I didn't think power was my thing but that car just felt so slow to me. Also, it doesn't look like they make much more power with aftermarket parts until you go forced induction which is just a bit too much money.

Definitely a fun car, but I think the only time I'd take it over my WRX is on an 80 degree sunny day on some fun twisty back roads with the top down. Unfortunately that's just too unrealistic. I wouldn't mind having one, but what I have now is just as fun in a different way, just as reliable, and has twenty times the usefulness. Once I graduate college and make decent money I'll have one in my garage for the weekends, supercharged. Until then it's the WRX.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:39 PM

A few threads down is me and my legacy

there are a lot of subie owners switching back and forth from s2000s...

if you want a disposable s2000, look into getting a miata. For the price it takes to repair the top of an s2k you can get half a miata... mine was great during college. drunk people dont respect your stuff, people sit on your cars and throw crap at it. they are purchased and sold at pretty much the same prices now so you should be good if you this route. the car is also WAY easier to drive.

you're in for some heartbreak if you take ur shiny brand spankin new(ish) S to college and park it within beer bottle throwing distance..IMO

hitting up the autoX is a great idea. but there are other conditions out there other than tight corners on nice even pavement. leaves, grass, dead animal all pose a pretty significant hazard. with AWD you can drive through that crap with impunity... but with a rear drive car if you're angled and carrying some speed chances are it wont end well.

I would hold off on the S myself but I know that wouldnt stop a hotblooded 17 year old . If you do it get a kevlar car cover lol
Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 AM

Oh man! I own both a 05 WRX and s2k. I bought my s2k with plans of it being my DD since I was going to build the wrx for some high boost. Plans didn't go the way I wanted so I dumped some of that money into a turbo kit for the s2k. Now I enjoy two daily drivers but the s2k is much more fun. Each car has its benefits and pros/cons. But if I had to get rid of one car it'd probably be the s2k since im now living in Oregon (AWD) of course different story if I was in cali, bye-bye WRX.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by stitos2k,Aug 18 2008, 09:49 AM
The 2000 s2000 could very well be the last car you drive if you get my drift... It doesn't warn you when you are at the limit, one second your fine, the next your in a tree or bouncing off a guard rail, or spinning off into a ravine.
sheeesh.. wish i woulda known that before I bought my 2000 S. No accidents but i've encountered random encounters of "WTFFF"